Financial Analyst Operations
Financial Analyst, Dairy Operations
Supervisor’s Title: Assistant Operations Controller
Location: Twin Falls, Idaho
Exempt Status: Exempt
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers around dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
This position is part of the Glanbia Nutritionals Operations Finance team for cheese and whey. Our team is responsible for operational performance reporting, cost reporting, planning and analysis manufacturing plants in Idaho and New Mexico.
· Prepare monthly cheese freight analysis and reporting
· Prepare monthly milk allocation journals mass balance reports, including analysis of variances against plan
· Prepare weekly and monthly GN cheese inventory reporting, including aged stock analysis
· Prepare monthly operations cost of quality reporting
· Conduct regular whey burden studies and whey utilization analysis
· Prepare monthly cost of production analysis for Idaho manufacturing sites
· Prepare centralized overheads reporting, including year-to-date and prior year analysis
· Responsible for monthly finished goods inventory valuations
· Assist with plant planning processes, including preparation of variance analysis and commentary
· Assist with standardization of reporting and analysis across manufacturing locations
· Review work and test for reasonableness; identify questionable results and investigate root cause
· Identify opportunities and recommend process improvements/standardization; manage projects as assigned
· Collaborate with finance and operations teams across Idaho
· Cross-train with other analysts
· Perform ad hoc reporting, analysis and trending as required
· Participates in special projects or action teams
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years related experience. CPA, CMA or equivalent experience preferred
· Track record of achievement in driving performance and change
· Ability to motivate and influence a diverse group of people
· High degree of personal, commercial and professional credibility
· Driven, energetic results oriented individual with the ability to thrive under pressurized conditions
Typical Physical Activity
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly involves talking or listening, sitting, and the use of hands and fingers.
· Frequently involves reaching with hands and arms.
· Occasionally involves standing and walking.
· Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers.
· Involves light physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
Typical Environmental Conditions
· Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
· Occasional overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do really interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.