Range Management Specialist
STATE OF IDAHO
invites applications for the position of:
Range Management Specialist
DEPARTMENT:Department of Agriculture
CLOSING DATE:02/28/19 11:59 PM
"Serving consumers and agriculture by safeguarding the public, plants, animals and the environment through education and regulation."
The Idaho State Department of Agriculture is recruiting for a Range Management Specialist in the Division of Animal Industries located in Idaho Falls.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Conduct reviews of proposed federal and State agency actions affecting rangeland and the livestock industry and conduct on-site review of rangeland management and monitoring plans and results.
- Assist rangeland livestock producers, groups, and associations to plan and implement effective grazing management systems and rangeland improvement practices and standards.
- Present Department recommendations on rangeland issues at industry meetings.
- Explain Department policies, rules and regulations to the public, special interest groups and legislators.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Department staff in all facets of rangeland management.
- Facilitate hearings and/or meetings on issues or disputes affecting rangeland users.
- Technical writing specific to National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Continue the development and implementation of a statewide cooperative rangeland monitoring program.
- A cell phone with an Idaho area code, furnished by the employee, is required for this position and is eligible for reimbursement under the Cell Phone Reimbursement policy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:This qualification is a mandatory requirement.
Good knowledge of:
- Vegetation monitoring procedures
- Range ecosystems
- Plant physiology
- Rangeland and riparian area management
- Livestock management
Specialty Qualification: This qualification is a mandatory requirement.
- Good knowledge of the range program to include administrative rules governing grazing and range management issues as well as experience working with industry representatives
- Valid driver's license
Desirable Areas: The following experience are not required; however, experience in the following areas will make you a more desirable candidate.
- Experience presenting technical range management information before groups
- Experience with the restoration and rehabilitation of rangelands
- Experience mediating conflict on resource issues with landowners and Federal or State agencies
- Technical writing: assessing environmental and resource management plans for grazing assignments and permits; writing, reviewing and analyzing land management plans and NEPA documents for rangeland issues
- Experience or training with GIS applications in natural resources
NOTE: If you are invited to interview for this position, you will be required to provide a work sample of your technical writing skills.
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/2348260/range-management-specialist
Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
Candidates who reach the final hiring stage will be required to participate in a criminal background check. Having a criminal record will not automatically eliminate applicants from consideration, but may be considered as part of the hiring process.
Thank you for your interest in the Idaho Department of Agriculture!
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or at (208) 332-8520