Orchard & Market Worker
Comprehensive Agricultural Experience: Crop production (fruit) and Marketing
This is a good position for someone able to work outdoors who is interested in orchard production and urban marketing in the Mid Atlantic area. This is a starting level position with opportunity for advancement.
About Black Rock Orchard:
Black Rock Orchard is a 100 acre sustainable orchard on the MD/PA border. We sell all of our fruit at urban farmers markets in the DC metro area. Black Rock Orchard is located in Carroll County, MD N of Baltimore and Washington DC.
About the position: Orchard and Market Worker:
This is a general Orchard position (crop production, general field work) with some Market responsibilities. Orchard field work includes operating machinery (tractor), pruning, planting, picking fruit and greenhouse work. Individual would do field work with other workers. The orchard worker would go to at least two market all summer/fall independently. Market work includes driving a box truck to the DC area, setting up a stand and selling fruit.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, operate farm machinery (tractor). Excellent physical condition.
- Must be able to drive a Dodge 4500 14 ft box truck to market or van (no special license required).
- Must have communication/organizational skills to be able to market fruit successfully.
- Clean driving record (3 year driving history)
- Employment references required.
- Black Rock Orchard is a non smoking and drug free environment. (Tobacco is toxic to greenhouse tomatoes)
Send resume and cover letter. The cover letter should explain why you are applying for this particular job.
.Salary: $42,500-$45,000 includes contributions to Retirement and Health Insurance after probationary period. hourly pay: $16.25/hour overtime pay: $24.50/hour. Regular workweek: 45 hours.
Additional /Seasonal Position possible with shorter Term Employment period through October.
Rental Housing currently Available (private farmhouse on property)