IT Administrative Assistant
An agency on the move, the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) takes great pride in connecting the Commonwealth’s residents and communities. Powered by a growing data-analytics discipline – and working in conjunction with municipalities, public agencies and the private sector – we’re finding new ways to improve the Bay State’s transportation infrastructure.
The MassDOT Chief Information Office is looking for a motivated self-starter to support the department as an administrative assistant. This position is ideal for someone who is looking to launch their career in public service, and who would like to make a difference in the Commonwealth. This role is integral in the Chief Information Office’s day to day operations.
The IT Administrative Assistant will act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners. He/she will perform a variety of administrative tasks and support the MassDOT Chief Information Office. The IT Administrative Assistant will be asked to work on multiple projects with varying tasks and components, so being a life-time learner and self-starter is a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage information flow for the department in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage executive’s calendars and set up meetings.
- Organize meetings.
- Oversee the department’s organizational charts, facilities, and communications.
- Act as point of contact for the department among executives, employees, clients, and other external partners.
- Act as an office manager; organize and maintain the office.
- Format information for internal and external communications: memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence.
- Other duties required as necessary.
- Work experience as an executive assistant, personal assistant, or similar role.
- Excellent Microsoft Office knowledge, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with office equipment and applications (for example, calendar scheduling and copy machines).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- Curiosity and desire to learn new roles and tasks.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Interest in public service, specifically transportation.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Alaina Seitz, Human Resources Specialist, at 857-368-8596.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office management, office administration, business administration or business management, the major duties of which included one or more of the following functions: purchasing, personnel management, budgeting, accounting, records management, work simplification, grants management, contract administration or program management, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.*
II. An Associate’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Education substitutions will only be permitted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered. If you need an accommodation to complete the application electronically please contact the ADA Coordinator Rita DiNunzio 857-368-8738.