- Analyzes trends in performance indicator scores to assist the Chief Engineer with managing Agency level performance indicators, recommending corrective action, establishing lessons learned, and influencing the improvement of contractor processes.
- Evaluates contractors' and subcontractors' engineering systems and software, design, development, production and test efforts in accordance with contract terms.
- Plans, executes, and documents surveillance of design, development, and production efforts at contractor facilities on behalf of the Contract Management Office using the performance indicators identified in DCMA engineering surveillance processes.
- Provides feedback to the Chief Engineer regarding the adequacy and clarity of engineering surveillance processes based on daily application of the processes and Agency reporting requirements.
- Evaluates and recommends approval/disapproval of waivers, deviations, and engineering change proposals.
- Provides technical analysis and input to Forward pricing Rate Agreements and Forward Pricing Rate Recommendations.
- Analyzes the proposed costs of technical aspects of the contractor proposals including amounts and types of labor hours, materials required, Other Direct Costs, facilities, production capabilities and other technical responsibilities.
- Provides engineering Technical Pricing Support and cost analysis reviews for major defense acquisition program contract proposals.