***$44,000 Annually / Depends on Qualifications***
Provides contract planning, development, oversight and evaluation support for the Department of Human Services (DHS).
- Manages assigned contracts to include contractual oversight, data entry and evaluation, invoice approval, timely renewal, contract disciplinary actions, and customer service.
- Works with other County agencies and Departments to provide or receive information, and to ensure appropriate contractual rules, regulations, and policies are followed.
- Responds in a timely manner to various groups and individuals regarding contractual questions, concerns and complaints.
- Assists in the development of Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other procurement processes (e.g., Requests for Bids, Requests for Quotes, etc.); evaluates proposals and contractual services to be purchased for DHS programs and projects; participates in proposal and contractual services negotiations.
- Develops and negotiates contracts, Memoranda of Understanding, Intergovernmental Agreements and grant applications.
- Works with State and Federal offices as required.
- Provides consultation to staff and external agencies with regard to contracts, contract development and compliance.
- Meets with individual providers and provider groups to offer guidance in achieving contract objectives and makes policy or procedural recommendations based upon findings.
- Analyzes assigned contracts for cost effectiveness, and program effectiveness, and makes recommendations with regard to findings to Contract Service Manager.
- Analyzes data collected and draws conclusions consistent with professional contract evaluation standards; submits report of same to the Contract Services Manager.
- Serves on community or agency boards and task forces with permission of Manager.
- Provides public presentations or training on projects as required.
- Attends trainings, conferences, and workshops to maintain knowledge and to meet the Department's cornerstone requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and four (4) years directly related work experience required; or
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, public administration or related field and one (1) year directly related work experience required.
- Working knowledge of governmental contracting practices and procedures, including the ability to prepare specifications and facilitate the process for informal and formal procurement solicitations preferred. Working knowledge of human services programs and service delivery systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of and the ability to apply Federal, State, and County contracting requirements, including those for State and Federal grants preferred.
- Must be able to understand methodology and techniques for program development and evaluation.
- Strong proficiency in language composition, grammar, editing, and written presentations.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with co-workers, prospective and contracted providers, other agencies, and the public.
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, organize, and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and experience.
- Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to apply conflict resolution and problem solving skills. Ability to interpret and draw valid conclusions from data.
- Must be proficient in the use of software programs relative to the position, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access, other Microsoft programs and other database programs.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including computer, fax machine, copier, and telephone.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle record check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment with some travel to meetings and conferences required.