Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper differentiates from technologies like Amazon Go by creating a plug-and-play solution that does not require store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute and endless image labeling & training; retailers can just buy the carts, and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure, and it is already actively being used in the market.
Caper is the fastest growing retail automation technology company and is backed by First Round Capital, Y Combinator, and top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. E-commerce only accounts for 8% of total retail transaction volume, and Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
We’re a team of incredibly motivated individuals looking to put a dent in the retail industry. We are looking for engineers who will be added to our talented technical team. You’ll be directly working under the CTO and the opportunity offers plenty of room for rapid internal growth.
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Can work independently with limited supervision
- Can communicate effectively with peers and to tailor your communication to your audience
- Have a willingness to dive in and assist coworkers when incidents arise
- Hard working and care about self-growth
- 3+ years experience with Android
- Familiar with common Android/JVM libs like Dagger2, Retrofit, RxJava, Jetpack Package etc.
- Can write clean, modularized code. Understand common Android architecture like MVVM, MVP etc.
- Understands how to do unit test, instrumental test.
- Has domain driven design experience is highly preferred.
- Familiar with computer science fundamentals like data structures, operating system, database, networking etc.
- Familiar with common development tools including Git, Linux or Mac cmdline etc.
- Familiar with advanced topics about Android like NDK, Kotlin etc.
- Build and maintain Caper’s core application.
- Work closely with product team to deliver new features and improvements.
- Participate in architecture design.
- Stay challenged, happy and fulfilled!
- Competitive salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited Snacks
- Unlimited PTO
Location: Brooklyn , NYC