Dairy Worker Training & Safety Director
Position: Dairy Worker Training and Safety Director
The Idaho Dairymen’s Association (IDA) was established in 1924 to protect Idaho’s dairy farm families through legislative, legal and environmental leadership. IDA represents all of Idaho’s more than 430 dairy farm families and has a focus on efforts that align with dairy consumer and customer expectations surrounding economic, environmental and social stewardship. One of these key efforts is the Idaho Dairy Worker Training and Safety Program, a collaborative effort between the Idaho Dairymen’s Association and Idaho’s processor community, which focuses on the training and safety of Idaho’s dairy workers.
The IDA is searching for a Dairy Worker Training and Safety Director who will work closely with Idaho producers, processors, cooperatives and allied industries to manage the coordination and delivery of verifiable, on-farm, worker training and safety programs. A large responsibility will include coordinating with industry experts on program development and the progress of key resources. This is a full-time position and will be located in Twin Falls, ID.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities Include:
· Working with university and industry experts in the development of verifiable training programs that can be delivered to Idaho dairy workers.
· Coordinate training efforts with Idaho’s processors to ensure consumer and customer expectations surrounding worker training and safety are being met
· Oversee and document the continual delivery of training programs on participating dairies
· Train cooperative, processors and allied industry staff to properly deliver training programs to Idaho dairy workers
· Deliver training programs to Idaho dairy workers
· Meet regularly with dairy managers to facilitate the transfer of information and ideas related to worker training and safety
· Participate in educational meetings that enhance the understanding Idaho dairymen and their management have regarding worker training and safety
Qualifications & Requirements:
· A Bachelor’s degree in human resource, dairy/animal science, ag business/econ or other related field. Master's degree preferred.
· Experience delivering training and safety education and/or on-farm worker management.
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
· Knowledge of the principles of worker training and safety education.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, organizational, public speaking and project management skills.
· Demonstrated ability in working with a variety of clients (producers, processors, allied industries, university, etc.).
· Ability to obtain and maintain an Idaho driver's license.
· Travel will be required within the state of Idaho for dairy site visits and periodically out of state for meeting attendance.
Salary is expected to start around $60,000 and is negotiable, depending on expertise and experience. A full benefits package and travel budget will also be included.
Resumes of interested individuals can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of resumes will begin on July 29th.