Entry Level Business Intelligence Engineer
Business Intelligence Engineers work closely with application developers, customers, and leadership to gain insights from data and produce knowledge from information. They are dedicated to curating data, protecting privacy, and visualizing information to the benefit of clients and the business. The goal of all we do is to enable people to make informed health decisions. Every click, share, open, and save of Healthwise content says . . . something . . . about how our clients and their patients benefit from Healthwise solutions.
BI Engineers work within an agile, collaborative team to perform all facets of development, testing, implementation and production support of queries, data transformations, models, databases, services and platforms. They must develop in-depth knowledge of the business environment and the communication skills to understand business user’s and customer’s needs.
Respect is a key tenet of Healthwise culture, and we strive to hire people who care about how their work and attitude affects those around them. Successful members of this team are confident and assertive, yet adaptive to changing frameworks, technologies, and constraints. Above all, they value shipping solutions that matter, doing the right thing and having fun with their work.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Writes SQL queries to gather data from relational databases.
· Processes click stream data from online applications traffic.
· Transforms data to add context and value for analysts.
· Models data for efficient consumption by reporting and analytics tools.
· Evaluates and implements cloud resources best fit to project requirements.
· Maintains previously deployed processes and reports.
· Collaborates with designers to create internal and client facing dashboards and reports.
· Researches alternate solutions and collaborates on insights and best practices.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· Experience in an object-oriented language.
· Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL) and database design.
· Knowledge of data visualization and analytics tools – Power BI desired.
· All offers are contingent upon the completion of a background check.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
· Understanding of business intelligence design, big data solutions, statistical modeling or machine learning.
· Understanding of data integration engines such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Azure Data Factories.
· Familiarity with Data Analysis Expressions (DAX).
· Exposure to online analytical processing (OLAP) engines preferably SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the
essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.