Join the Insurance Examinations team and obtain your Accredited Financial Examiner (AFE) and Certified Financial Examiner (CFE) designations. We are seeking individuals with financial audit experience to conduct thorough examinations for insurance companies' compliance to financial regulations.
As an Insurance Financial Regulator on the Examinations team, you will:
- Exercise judgment, knowledge and understanding of Utah insurance laws, rules, and regulations and the standards and guidelines of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) to examine the operations of Utah insurance companies (insurers)
- Perform risk-focused examinations of Utah domestic insurance companies, using guidance set forth by the National Association of Insurance Commissions (NAIC) examiners handbook, and Utah Insurance Laws and Rules.
- Analyze, summarize and review data; report findings, interpret results and make recommendations.
- Write or draft correspondence, reports, documents and/or other written material.
- Gather documentation to support negotiated resolution of non-compliance issues.
The Best Qualified Candidate
The best qualified candidate for this position will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience conducting financial audits.
- Experience in insurance underwriting and/or claims adjustment.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- The ability to understand health, life, property, and liability insurance fundamentals and accounting principles.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Why You Should Join Our Team
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package and healthy work/life balance, the Insurance Department will assist the employee in this role to earn a Certified Financial Examiner designation by financing the initial exam fee and providing appropriate study time. (You will be expected to pass all 7 exams within 5 years of employment.)
You will also have the exciting chance to work from a variety of work locations, as we visit the companies we audit frequently. Many of our employees only work in our office one day a week and spend the rest of the time at the location of the company they are assigned to audit.