Cash Management Associate
Chemonics seeks a Cash Management Associate for the Finance and Accounting Division.The Cash Management Associate will provide support of the daily function of processing payments and assist with month-end reconciliation of all bank accounts. The associate also supports audits by gathering documentation for audit requests. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Input payments and other transactions into cash manager, accounts receivable, general ledger, and accounts payable modules within accounting system; obtains documentation and approval for all transactions processed
- Perform reconciliation of bank accounts, accounts receivable, credit lines, grants accounts, and petty cash.
- Review and log transactions requiring payments; processes payments via check, ACH, and wire transfer.
- Assist in responding appropriately and quickly to requests-for-payment confirmation from internal and external clients.
- Research and recommend solutions to resolve any discrepancies with payments and banking information as appropriate; analyzes, investigates, and corrects accounting entries.
- Provide financial reporting of accounts receivable that are overdue as requested.
- Assist in development and improvement of departmental materials and processes, including strategic plans, training materials, and systems.
- Prepare documents and other resources for meetings with internal and external parties.
- Maintain and expands technical knowledge in finance, accounting, and administration by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies, and participating in Chemonics practice networks.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience required; Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- One year accounting, bookkeeping, administrative, and/or technically relevant work experience required
- Experience working with accounting software required; experience working with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Solomon preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing; strong cross-culture communication and sensitivity skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle routine administrative tasks and operational issues
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Demonstrated ability to follow standard practices and procedures, receive general instruction and supervision, and contribute to projects and initiatives
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving and initiative to learn new skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications
- Language proficiency for assigned geographic area preferred
- Previous experience working in international development and/or living or conducting volunteer work in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to travel and work abroad in less developed countries for at least 4 to 8 weeks per year
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by July 24, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.