Navarre Middle School in South Bend, Indiana is Hiring Now!
Navarre Middle School is now accepting applications for teachers in hard-to-staff subjects, especially critical shortage areas of mathematics, science, special education, and the arts for the 2019-2020 school year. Certified teachers and candidates that hold a bachelor’s degree making them eligible for an emergency permit should apply by the July 29 application deadline. The online application is available at this address - https://payinfo.sbcsc.k12.in.us/RDSonlineapp/
Click on the “Apply Now” link for the Navarre Middle School job posting that best fits your qualifications. Filling out the central application will give the principal the ability to access your resume and invite you to an interview.
South Bend Community Schools Corporation offers:
- A salary starting at $38,500
- In addition to your salary, the corporation offers a generous and comprehensive benefits package to teachers, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and paid vacation time.
- Most importantly—a chance to make a real difference in the lives of students who need it most.
By working at Navarre, you have an opportunity to join one of five schools in the newly formed South Bend Empowerment Zone which aims to dramatically transform low-performing schools. The Zone aims to:
- Empower Teachers and Leaders. The Zone affords educators the opportunity to design and sustain a professional learning community specifically tailored to the needs of their students and the adults who serve them.
- Provide Resource Flexibility. In the Zone, schools have more flexibility over how they use their resources. They may decide to keep the services they have been receiving from the district, or they may opt in to some district services and opt out of others that don’t fit their needs. Zone schools can also access philanthropic and community partnerships to develop innovative teacher leadership opportunities and student service models that enrich supports
- Provide Targeted Support: Schools in the Zone will receive targeted support from Education Resource Strategies, Instruction Partners, and other partners to better utilize their resources, strengthen their instructional programs, and better meet the needs of students and teachers.
Navarre is looking for individuals who:
- Believe that all students can learn, take responsibility for student growth and accept that student failure is not an option
- Are masters of pedagogy and content knowledge
- Build strong relationships to partner with students, parents, and colleagues
- Have grit, determination and passion
- Can lead and manage the classroom
- Reflect and continuously develop their skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support school-wide academic performance goals
· Deliver rigorous, data-driven, differentiated instruction to all students
· Develop a culturally responsive classroom environment
· Improve standards of practice for self and colleagues
· Build connections with families and community to support student learning
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
We highly encourage applications from certified teachers and candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Hold a current Indiana License/Certification in the appropriate subject area or hold a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for an emergency permit
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and pass a criminal background check