Juvenile Court Clerk Section Supervisor
Hiring Wage: $51,000 - $57,000/yr DOE
Status: Full-time with benefits
Closing Date: August 26, 2019
Application Materials: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
Supervises personnel performing clerical and support functions related to the Ada County court system. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Supervises personnel, assigns work, reviews and evaluates performance, counsels employees regarding programs, policies and procedures, resolves employee complaints, takes disciplinary action, interviews and hires employees, tracks time and coordinates vacation schedules;
- Problem solves, troubleshoots and provides guidance in resolving complex questions and issues;
- Reviews, implements and enforces office policies and procedures;
- Attends and conducts staff meetings;
- Interacts with judges, attorneys and the public.
- May perform essential functions of a Court Clerk;
- Performs related functions as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice, Business Management or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Court or legal experience preferred;
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal forms;
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures of the court system;
- Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures;
- Knowledge of supervision principles, concepts, and techniques;
- Skill in the operation of a personal computer;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Ability to supervise and motivate employees;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain cooperative working relationships;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
- Requires sufficient mobility to move continually about the office for up to eight (8) hours per day;
- May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.;
- Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.