WELD RE- 8 SCHOOL DISTRICT
200 South Fulton Avenue
FORT LUPTON, CO 80621
PHONE (303) 857-3200, FAX 303-857-3219 or EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alan Kaylor, Superintendent
DATE OF POSTING: August 12, 2019
POSITION: ECE/Preschool Teacher at Little Trappers Preschool. Start date is flexible. Prefer as soon as possible. Students begin classes August 15, 2019.
SALARY RANGE: Licensed Staff Salary Schedule plus School District Comprehensive Benefits Package. We accept up to thirty years of experience. Salary Range of $38,510 - $79,703 (2019-20 salary schedule) depending on experience and education with additional opportunities for tuition reimbursement.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Please submit an application (available online at www.weld8.org ) along with a letter of interest, three letters of recommendation and a current resume listing your qualifications and experiences for the position. Applicant must apply online. Contact, Dr. Wynette Howard, Director of Early Childhood Programs at email@example.com
SUMMARY OF POSITION(S): Early Childhood Education teacher will instruct children ages three to five in an inclusive classroom at Little Trappers Preschool. The position of Early Childhood Education Teacher serves as lead instructor. In collaboration with Early Childhood team members, assist or lead in design and implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum, learning environments, and daily routines. Tasks include: teaching, instructional development, adapting and differentiating materials and instruction for students of diverse developmental backgrounds, coordinating work flow and the day-to-day management of an early childhood classroom. Provide one-on-one and small group support to students. Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems and discuss them with supervisor, parents or guardians, and child development specialists. Observe children and provide documentation for Results Matter/TS GOLD® assessment. Follow all child care licensing regulations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
a. A Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a
major area of study in one of the following areas:
1) Early Childhood Education;
2) Early Childhood Special Education
3) Elementary education;
3) Special Education;
4) Family and Child development; or,
5) Child Psychology
b. CDE License in Early Childhood Education, Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education, or related.
c. Must meet CDHS requirements as Early Childhood Teacher. Multiple pathways for qualification include:
· A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a
major area of study in any area other than those listed at Section 7.702.54, A, 1,
A and additional two (2) three-semester hour early childhood education college
courses with one course being either introduction to early childhood education or
· Current early childhood professional Credential Level III Version 2.0 as
determined by the Colorado Department of Education;
· A 2-year college degree, sixty (60) semester hours, in early childhood education
from a regionally accredited college or university, which must include at least two
(2) three-semester hour courses, one of which must be either introduction to
early childhood education or guidance strategies; and at least six (6) months (910 hours) of satisfactory experience;
· Completion of twelve (12) semester hours from a regionally accredited college or
university, at either a two year, four year or graduate level, in each of the
following subject or content areas in early childhood education and one of the
three (3) semester hour courses must be either introduction to early childhood
education or guidance strategies, plus nine (9) months (1,395 hours) of verified
experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six
(6) years of age who are not related to the individual;
· Completion of a vocational or occupational education sequence in child growth
and development plus twelve (12) months (1,820 hours) of verified experience in
the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of
age who are not related to the individual;
· Current certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or other
· Completion of a course of training approved by the Department that includes
training and work experience with children in a child growth and development
program plus twelve (12) months (1,820 hours) of verified experience in the care
and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who
are not related to the individual; or,
· Twenty-four (24) months (3,640 hours) of verified experience in the care and
supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not
related to the individual. Satisfactory experience includes being a licensee of a
Colorado family child care home; a teacher’s aide or teacher in a child care
center, preschool, or elementary school, plus either:
1) A current Colorado Level I credential; or,
2) Two (2) three-semester hour early childhood education college courses
from a regionally accredited college or university, at either a two year,
four year or graduate level, in each of the following subject or content
areas with one course being either introduction to early childhood
education or guidance strategies.
Regardless of the requirement path, you must be able to show you have achieved the required education credits in the field of early childhood education through a portfolio that demonstrates knowledge in:
· Understanding parent partnerships
· Knowledge of multicultural education
· Early childhood development
· Applying developmentally appropriate practice in the classroom
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION: Position open until filled. Must apply online.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
· Successful completion of FBI and CBI background checks, submission of essential hire paperwork by the Human Resources office of Weld Re-8 School District, and completion of trainings required by the Colorado Department of Human Services, Child Care Licensing and Administration.
· Assignment starting date is flexible. Prefer as soon as possible.
· All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to the approval of the Board of Education.
· Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
· No smoking is allowed in any Weld County School District Re 8 buildings.
· Selected applicant must comply with the District's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
· As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States.
An equal opportunity affirmative action employer
In compliance with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, Colorado law and Board of Education Policy AC (Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity), Weld County School District Re-8 does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics in admissions, access to, treatment, or employment in educational programs or activities which it operates. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public. The following person has been identified as the compliance officer for the district: Superintendent, Weld County School District Re-8: 301 Reynolds Street, Fort Lupton, CO 80621, 303.857.3200, firstname.lastname@example.org .