Rich’s has been able to pull off something rare in the business world: a culture that successfully blends the latest business practices with family values. That means our associates are able to work for a great company while also benefiting from a work environment that fosters world class professionalism combined with family intimacy. Our benefit offerings are reflective of this unique blend of Life, Work and Family.
The QA Technician's purpose is to assure food safety through HACCP compliance monitoring, implementing corrective actions and reporting of deviations to the QA Manager.
- Document test results and communicate deviations with management and co-associates.
- Review data and direct follow-up of product testing deviations and trends to meet customer requirements.
- Conduct product and process capability studies as directed by QA Manager or designate.
- Perform QA tasks including product sampling, line monitoring, auditing, lab testing and calibrations to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Coordinate lab operation, raw material, finished product and audit analytical data and reports for process improvements.
- Audit laboratory testing, analytical test methods and protocols for Compliance with Standard Operating Procedure and Quality Assurance Agreement.
- Reviewing and approving deviation, investigations, and corrective and preventive action that is associated with analytical laboratories.
- Review and audit of microbiological testing and sanitation cleaning inspection reports.
- Place ingredients and finished goods on hold, as directed by the QA Manager/QA Team Leader.
- Investigate the root cause of defects in raw and finished products and implement corrective actions.
- Maintain and promote a quality culture through training
- Maintain a well-organized and clean work area.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies for lab Audit laboratory testing, analytical test methods and protocols for Compliance with Standard Operating Procedure and Quality Assurance Agreement
- Coordinate timely hold and disposition of raw ingredients, packaging materials and finished product.
- Utilize PLM, QDMS, SAP and Minitab in support of business processes.
- Submit written reports on overall compliance, deviations and corrective actions implemented.
- Understanding of Acidified Foods and compliance to all federal guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, chemistry or biology related field required. Related work experience preferred but not required.
- Chemistry work related: Water activity., Free fatty acid testing; Viscosity, ; PH effect on Food; Brix, Concentration; Moisture analyses; allergen tests, Flour testing attributes,
- Microbiology work related: Knowledge of pathogens and its growth characteristics as it relates to food manufacturing and the facility. Bacterial growth requirement; Bacterial identification; Growth morphology; Temperature growth requirement; Bacterial food source.
- One year of experience in commercial food processing preferred.
- PC skills to include strong knowledge of Windows operating system, and applications to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of statistics and use of software packages.
- Knowledge of Database systems preferred.
- Ability to constructively deal with change and pressure. Willing to continue training/ education as necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to operate powered equipment
- Ability to use a full range of motion in both arms, hands, and legs.
- Ability to taste.
- Ability to operate normal laboratory equipment.
- Must understand microbiological contaminates.
- Must have complete understanding of shortenings, sugars, starches, gums, and particulates.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.