Policy and Research Analyst, Cities Program
The Nature Conservancy
Policy and Research Analyst, Cities Program, New York Division
Have you ever asked yourself, “How can I help?” or “How can I make a difference?”, but you don’t know where to go or have the time to do it? Welcome to The Nature Conservancy. You have found the solution and now you can pointedly make a difference every day!
By joining our New York team, you will become part of a group that is a force to be reckoned with; a force for nature, a force for people, and a force for our planet. We are making a difference every day through our boots on the ground conservation work, voices in public policy advocacy, and teaching minds in local cities and communities. Our science community consists of a group of a women and men who are leading the industry on multiple fronts and who expertly bring strategy and action together.
The Policy and Research Analyst plays a key role on the Cities Program team in New York to further The Nature Conservancy’s mission through research, policy analysis, report-writing, and internal and external communications assistance.
We are looking for a proven leader and problem solver with excellent people skills and experience building
effective partnerships. The successful candidate has experience researching information from divergent sources and compiling into a cohesive reporting structure. They will have experience with legislative, planning, policy or corporate initiatives and experience presenting to and communicating with government or other team members at all levels. We appreciate collaborate approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and track record that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, environmental science, environmental policy, urban geography, public administration, business, economics, or related field and 3 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Experience researching information from divergent sources and compiling it into a cohesive reporting structure.
· Experience with legislative, planning, policy or corporate initiatives at two or more of the following levels: country, state, regional or local.
· Experience presenting to and communicating with government or corporate staff and/or program leadership.
· Experience working with partners/government agencies and the corporate sector.
If you are interested in doing work you can believe in, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, please visit http://careers.nature.org and search for job ID #47901 in the keyword search. Applications must be made online. Submit your application by 11:59 PM EST on September 17, 2019, to be considered. The location for this position is New York City, NY.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of diverse people of all genders, backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.