Landscape Services Internship
"You have the power to make your future better by working hard in the present." ~Elijah
As a paid intern at one of our locations (Vernon Hills, IL & Boulder, CO), you will gain valuable hands-on experience that will help make you successful in any landscaping career you choose!
Learn effective landscape production techniques, become trained on safe equipment usage, and gain an understanding of job costs and profitability. You will have the opportunity to ask questions and learn from an industry leading company, ultimately being considered for full time employment after graduation.
Successful candidates must be hard working, flexible, motivated individuals with a minimum of one year credit in a related field or equivalent experience.
1. Maintenance Production
- Assist foremen and crews with maintenance operations
- Complete site surveys and assist with site inspections
2. Annual Flower Production
- Coordination and installation of annual flowers
- Assist with care and maintenance of annual beds
- Documentation of annual flower layouts
3. Nursery/Yard Support
- Assist with plant material acquisition, job staging and care
- Assist with various yard management procedures
4. Design/Build Production
- Assist foremen and crews with the construction of landscape projects
- Install plant material and hardscapes
5. Irrigation Installation and Repair (Boulder, CO)
- Install residential and commercial irrigation systems
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems, including start ups and shut downs
- Assist with parts inventory and ordering of parts