IT Manager II
The Idaho State Tax Commission is recruiting for an IT Manager II in Boise to manage and oversee the Development and Operations units of Integration Services.
- EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: Responsible for application development activities including SDLC and QA processes as well as operations, change and service management
- Responsible for customer liaison and requirements development
- Review and evaluate programming operations, enhancements, upgrades and training needs
- Hire Operations and Software Engineer staff, assign work, and evaluate and manage performance
- Consult with management and vendors about future Integration Services direction and development
- Plan, design, and oversee the integration of tax software modules, security levels, utilities, and third-party products
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Some knowledge of budget practices (cost/benefit analysis).
Good knowledge of management practices; current trends in information technology; computer hardware and software capabilities and limitations.
Experience supervising and training a technical IT staff in delivering services to end users; installing and maintaining multiple operating systems and system software which includes multiple technologies and platforms and resolution of conflicting goals with various users; identifying and resolving complex system-related problems dealing with end users and vendors and translating them into workable solutions in a business environment AND making recommendations based on established standards.
Extra Credit: ITIL Foundation Certification.
All candidates being considered for employment with the Tax Commission must successfully complete a comprehensive background check, including fingerprinting, before a final job offer will be given. Individuals must be a current tax filer and be in full compliance with their tax obligations to be an employee of the Idaho State Tax Commission. SUPPLEMENTAL
INFORMATION: There is an exam to determine your eligibility. Enter your responses to the questions in the space provided in the examination. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described for each question addressing a minimum requirement to qualify for this position.
Scoring will be based on the information you provide. It is important that the information you provide clearly supports your responses. Your resume will be used to validate your responses. Do not leave the resume question blank or refer to attachments as that could impact your final score.
The Idaho State Tax Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran's preference is given to qualified candidates
If you have questions,
please contact us at:
Idaho State Tax Commission
11321 Chinden Blvd.