Deep Learning & CV Engineer
Caper builds smart shopping carts - powered by deep learning and computer vision - to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. We differ from other emerging cashierless technologies like Amazon Go because we are the scalable solution. Caper’s autonomous checkout technology is plug and play, meaning it requires no in-store renovation, no operational overhaul, no heavy computations or endless image labeling. Any retailers can buy the carts and their entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities. Caper costs less than 1% of Amazon Go's infrastructure. We are already live in-stores and our customers love us!
Caper is the fastest-growing company in retail automation technology and is backed by Lux Capital, First Round Capital, Y Combinator along with top executives from Instacart, Plated, Albertsons and Walmart. While e-commerce accounts for 8% of total retail spending, Caper is innovating the other 92% of the untapped offline retail potential.
As a part of the Caper team, you’ll be a part of a culture that cares about its people and the future we’re shaping together. At Caper, we may all come from different backgrounds, but we all share one common vision- to fundamentally disrupt the retail industry. We are looking for engineers to join our talented technical team. As an engineer you’ll be working directly under the CTO, an opportunity offering plenty of room for rapid personal growth.
If you are:
- Open-minded and eager to learn
- Highly organized
- Extreme ownership of projects & assignments
- Able to effectively communicate with peers and tailor your communication to your audience
- Willing to dive in and assist coworkers as incidents arise
- Hard-working and care about self-growth
If you have:
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Deep Learning and Computer Vision experience
- Familiarity with CV and DL fundamentals such as feature extraction, CNN, supervised machine learning, transfer learning and distributed deep learning
- Knowledge of one of the DL frameworks and tools like Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe etc. + OpenCV
- Familiarity with GPUs + CUDA
- Familiarity with compression / optimization of neural networks
If you’re ready to:
- Design and implement custom computer vision algorithms and architectures
- Collaborate with hardware team to better apply CV and DL technologies into embedded system
- Conquer the world!
- Above market salary and equity
- Fully paid medical insurance
- Unlimited snacks
- Unlimited PTO