If you share a passion for strengthening the foundation of our community and want to grow your career at the YMCA in Aquatics, this is the place to be! For over 55 years the Semones YMCA has been committed to our community by nurturing youth development, energizing healthy living, and inspiring social responsibility. We are looking for an Aquatics Director that will oversee the planning and operations of the aquatics department and programs, including staff supervision of 1 full time and 30 to 90 part time depending on season, manage a budget of $570,000, and continue to develop and grow programs in the Y.
What does this job look like? Semones has 3 on-site pools, a spray ground, and 2 whirlpools. In this position you would oversee the supervision and administration of swim lessons, swim team (Youth & Masters), aquatic certification classes, lap/recreational swim, and pool rentals. This includes things like hiring, training and scheduling staff and volunteers, maintaining pool equipment, develop marketing plans for aquatics programs and oversee registrations, make sure all staff and participants have a safe experience and clean space, create reports and communicate that information to other Y staff and association, represents the branch at meetings inside and outside of the Y, be a team player with the other leaders at the Semones Y and the Dallas Y Association. In addition, you would oversee our Safety Around Water (SAW) program, which is an outreach program at off-site pools as well as provide leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign which raises money to support families that need financial assistance.
- Prefer a 4 year degree in physical education, recreation, or the equivalent experience to provide leadership to the areas of aquatics.
- 3 or more years of supervisory experience in an aquatic program, including program development and budget management.
- Ability to train swim instructors and Lifeguards.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Familiarity with personal computers and ability to run reports.
- Trainer-level certified in YMCA Swim Lessons (or ability to complete all required training within the first 60 days of employment):
- Teaching Swimming Fundamentals
- YMCA Swim Lessons-Youth & Adult and/or YMCA Swim Lessons-Parent/Child and Preschool Instructor
- Pool Operator on Location
- First Aid and CPR for the Professional Rescuer certifications.
- Prefer Trainer Certification in CPR,First Aid and Lifeguard Instructor.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ensures a growth based organization that exceeds the expectations of the members, program participants and the community.
Salary Range: $39,000 to $43,000
Timeline: Position will remain posted until filled
Awesome Benefits: The YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas offers a comprehensive Benefits Plan: Health, Dental, Vision, Long & Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement of 12% paid by the YMCA upon meeting eligibility requirements, and PTO (Paid Time Off).
Equal Opportunity Employer: The YMCA provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, sex, disability, age, or veteran status.