Reporting to the Field Department Manager, the Field Representative will work with a team of agriculture professionals to drive innovative idea creation and new technology implementation in support of continuous improvement goals. This position will work with growers to develop best practices and identify potato issues that may impact quality and partner with the Operations team to ensure the raw requirements match the production schedule to provide the right raw at the right time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
* Drive change within McCain Foods and within our grower group as new technology and apps are adapted and integrated into our business.
* Utilize databases as decision making tools, recommend actions and follow through to reach or exceed goals in managing raw potatoes into the plant.
* Participate in cross functional teams with our production partners to gain knowledge and drive continuous improvement in French Fry manufacturing.
* Foster relationships with our grower/suppliers that enable business development for all parties. Proactively inspect and monitor raw product storage facilities for food safety, environmental conditions and product quality.
* Coordinate with the Agriculture Food Safety Manager for North America on McCain Food Safety Initiatives relevant to the location. Extend programs to the farm and ensure grower compliance.
* Attend and participate in local and national agricultural production meetings to gain knowledge of current and upcoming agricultural practices.
* Identify and communicate key improvement areas with respect to production, quality, and food safety, to grower/suppliers.
* Provide weekend and holiday cover for the potato scheduler as required.
* Drive the Safety Agenda in the work environment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Business, Agronomy or at least ten years supervisory experience in potato processing required
* 1-3 years relevant working experience, preferably within agricultural, manufacturing and/or quality.
* Strong leadership qualities and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to development and nurture strong cross-functional and departmental relationships.
* Knowledge of computers, GPS, and Smart phone technologies are essential. Understanding of GIS and Remote sensing an asset.
* Excellent command of English, both verbal & written
* Valid driver’s license (current Drivers Abstract required)
McCain Foods and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran