Sales trainees will gain knowledge and training in Seaboard Foods’ sales channels, including food service, processor, retail and export sales, learning about each specific sales channel. The trainee will spend the first 6-12 months training in product specifications at our fresh pork processing plant in Guymon, Okla. before moving to Kansas City to the sales department. Trainees will receive management, departmental, and leadership training necessary to prepare them for a sales representative role at Seaboard Foods. Upon completion of the training period, sales trainees will be prepared for a role of accountability in the sales department as a sales representative. If you’re someone who has an interest in meat science, business management, agribusiness, animal science or business operations, apply today!
RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management’s discretion.
· Having a basic understanding of all areas of the processing plant such as harvest operations, fabrication, shipping, food safety, and more.
· Understand product specifications and codes.
· Understanding proper product flow, inventory control, and fresh and frozen shipping.
· Working closely with production, shipping, and quality assurance teams to ensure proper product specifications and timely shipping of our fresh pork products.
- Understanding each sales channel: retail, processor, food service and export.
- Build and maintain great relationships over the phone as an “inside tele-sales” representative trainee through excellent customer service skills.
- Display good negotiation skills and an attitude to understand commodity markets.
- Work closely with multiple departments, such as plant production, shipping, customer service, scheduling, supply chain and accounting.
REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university or college, an Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred; or two to four years demonstrated experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Related areas of study include: agribusiness, meat science, general business, operations management, animal science, or other related field or experience.
- Technical minded, numbers-oriented and logistics driven.
- Enjoys problem solving and works well in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to facilitate, encourage, coach and lead a team to reach set goals.
- Good critical thinking and judgement skills to reach the best possible solution to a problem.
- Ability to communicate effectively with and create content that is easily interpreted by a diverse group of people such as employees, supervisors, and senior management.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Orientation and connected food system overview, with exposure and understanding of core areas of the business, including support departments
- Specific technical training in areas of interest and skills, depending upon needs
- Supervisory, leadership, communication and problem-solving training
- Business management and strategies
- Trainees may be asked to work in various areas and locations in production, processing, or support areas, as needed throughout the training period
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh® pork. A top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.