Nationwide Entry-Level Technical Sales Representative - January '20
KEYENCE Corporation is a global technology company and leader in Industrial Automation. For the past 8 years, we have been featured as one of Forbes “World’s Most Innovative Companies”, one of only 6 companies world wide to receive this nomination since the lists inception. In 2017, we were named a “super accelerator” and are among the world’s largest companies such as Apple and Google that are outperforming their competitors with speed and agility.
The KEYENCE TECHNICAL SALES DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM is the premier opportunity for you to learn consultative, solution-based sales. At KEYENCE, sales professionals visit manufacturers in a sales territory and consult face-to-face to solve customers’ critical quality control, reliability, and research or design applications. The Technical Sales Development Program is your opportunity to gain the training necessary to become a direct sales professional.
Successful candidates enter a program consisting of classroom training, on-the-job learning, and mentorship. The training program begins with a period of classroom training which typically lasts 1 to 3 months dependent on your assigned product line. While KEYENCE products are highly technical, you will receive the training to become an expert on our products, solving applications, following our pro-active sales process, and conducting successful sales consultations. After successful completion of the classroom training, you will initiate the on-the-job training phase of the development program.
Included in your on-the-job training is a formal mentorship program, typically lasting 4 to 6 months, which utilizes coaching to reinforce product and application training and develop your sales skills while you become responsible for customers in your own sales
Starting: $51-72k base (pending location), $76-95k total cash;
Upon Promotion: $67-92k base (pending location); $103-128k total cash
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401k + company match
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Vacation + Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Business Cell Phone + Laptop
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree.
- Interest and aptitude to master KEYENCE’s highly technical products.
- Interest in working in manufacturing environments.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen and pro-actively react to customer questions and requests.
- Goal-oriented and extremely hard working with a desire to make a measurable contribution to KEYENCE’s success.
- Desire to better yourself through our intensive training, mentorship, engaged management, and pro-active, process-oriented sales approach.
- Understand and abide by all company policies and procedures: including professional dress code, punctuality, attendance, and sales process policies.
- Willingness to travel 60% of the time, including the possibility of overnight travel.
- Ability to lift and carry 35~ 85 lbs. of demonstration equipment in and out of vehicles onto a dolly.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle. Larger vehicle may be required dependent on product line equipment size. Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
-Keyence will not sponsor applicants for a work visa.
Typical Years of Experience: 0-3
- You are passionate about beginning a career in technical sales.
- You are interested in visiting manufacturing environments.
- You are interested in technology and have a strong technical aptitude.
- You have a strong work ethic and want to work hard.
- You are interested in working at a professional and disciplined company.
- You want to the opportunity to advance within one company.
Don’t apply if:
- You are not interested in a career in sales.
- You are neither goal-oriented nor pro-active.
- You are not looking for an entry-level position.
- You are not a morning person.
- You do not like speaking to people either on the phone or in person.
- You have a negative attitude or do not go the extra mile.