Associate Editor, Reader's Digest
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Write and edit human-interest and humor stories, who-knew and how-to pieces, and general features.
- Transform longer stories into shorter print and digital pieces without sacrificing the voice or content of the original.
- Craft digital ideas that connect with a wide digital audience, as well as the headlines that sell them.
- Provide editorial support to senior editors.
- Organize, manage, and produce content for a variety of departments in the magazine.
- Contribute to special projects.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of editorial experience, either online or in print (preferably some of both).
- Strong writing and editing skills, with equal ease in print and digital formats.
- Ability to juggle long-term and quicker stories simultaneously.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience building and publishing stories in the Wordpress or similar CMS.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software, InCopy. Must be organized, efficient, and comfortable with multi-tasking