Informations Technology Software Developer
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a company that is recognized in the food industry for freshness and quality – from our juicy Peach-O-Rama Peaches, vast specialty cheese assortment, to our high volume Poke Bar and of course, The Cookie.
If you are looking for a company that is dedicated to your growth and development, while supporting the communities in which you work and live, we are the company for you!
Job Summary: As a key member of the Information Services (IS) Department, this position is responsible for software development and automating current processes. This role designs, builds, and maintains databases on-premise and in the cloud, as well as execute backup and recovery tasks. This position also designs and builds data transformations and integrations for in-house and 3rd party systems; designs and maintains reports and visualizations.
Specific Job Duties:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Maintains documentation regarding the landscape of databases, applications, integrations, scheduled jobs, and reports.
· Monitors databases and applications for uptime and performance.
· Supports applications built using Visual Basic .NET, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, and other technologies.
· Implements, tests, debugs, and deploys new versions of applications.
· Designs new architecture for data to reduce redundancy and determine which components should remain on-premise and/or run in the cloud.
· Leads the discovery and development of a data warehouse, including the integrations, reports, and dashboards; designs how current data, applications, and reports will integrate or migrate to this new platform.
· Designs, builds, and deploys web APIs to support integrations with web applications and native applications.
· Supports existing Information Technology (IT), financial, Human Resources, retail, and other company systems.
· Utilizes Company’s business needs and apply this understanding when designing and testing new applications/features.
· Works a flexible schedule with availability to support our systems in a 24x7 environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the IT Director and/or Vice President, Information Services.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience is required.
· Understanding of application design, user-interface design, and ad-hoc reporting is required.
· Minimum three years experience designing, building, and supporting transactional relational databases or cloud data platforms.
· Possesses advanced knowledge of SQL and performance tuning. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Stored Procedures is required, and familiarity with cloud databases and cloud data warehouses is a plus.
· Proven experience with tools for data visualization, reporting, dashboards, and business intelligence required. Ability to maintain existing reports and design/build new actionable solutions. Familiarity with Crystal Reports or SQL Server Reporting Services is a plus.
· Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required; effective written communication skills necessary.
· Ability to discuss technical and non-technical requirements, issues, and processes with internal team members and vendors is required. Can write business requirements and system requirements.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
· Detail-oriented with proficient analytical skills.
· Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
· Demonstrates an interest in learning; is nimble and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies.
· Grocery industry or retail experience preferred.
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job description for the IT Software Developer position.
2. Complete a general application and create a profile
3. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
* Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
* 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
* Generous Employee Discount
* HRA and HSA Options with Money Provided to you by the Company for Health Care Expenses
* Met ACTIVE Account: Money Provided to you by the Company to Support an Active, Healthy Lifestyle