Assistant Merchant - Apparel/Beauty/Home- St Louis, MO
Soft Surroundings is different from the experience customers typically have with other catalogs and retail stores. Rather than simply selling merchandise, Soft Surroundings celebrates a lifestyle of self-preservation and well-being. We encourage women to take the time to relax and restore their spirits so that they are better able to handle their daily challenges. Soft Surroundings helps them achieve this goal by offering soft, comfortable clothing, sleep-inducing bedding and the latest developments in skin care.
As an organization, we pride ourselves on delighting our customers with excellent value, terrific merchandise, and exceptional customer service. We do that by hiring the best, most qualified people to fill the jobs we have available. When we have that, we have it all!
Soft Surroundings, at the Corporate office in St Louis, MO is seeking an Assistant Merchant for Apparel, Beauty or Home. We provide full benefits, including 401(K) with company match, competitive pay, generous employee discount, profit sharing potential and an opportunity to work with a successful and growing company.
The Assistant Merchant will assist the Divisional Merchandise Manager, Senior Merchants and Associate Merchants in obtaining customer appropriate merchandise for assigned categories.
- Assist in monitoring overall market, fashion trends and competition.
- Assist in assortment plan process
- Assist in coordinating necessary information with departments as needed to meet deadlines
- Manage receipt of customer service samples, photography samples and quality assurance samples by deadlines assigned
- Pack for photo shoots including labeling each product with photo tags
- Follow up with vendors regarding arrival of any paperwork requested by buyers
- Assist in any merchandising special projects as requested
- Develop working knowledge of general merchandising terms as well as financial aspects of the business
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree
- General understanding of computers and computer software.
- Requires problem solving, analyzing and reasoning skills.
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills and possess a passion for the business.
- One or more years experience as a Buyer's Assistant or as a retail store associate required