User Experience Interaction Engineer
We are looking for a seasoned UX Interaction Engineer to help shape the future of digital and physical spaces within the Center Stacks of Ford and Lincoln vehicles. You will work with a very diverse cross-disciplinary team to come up with the best solution that meets the customer's expectations while providing a simple and intuitive interaction to the vehicle.
Our diverse Global User Experience Team is comprised of researchers, interaction designers, visual designers, industrial designers, modelers, and project managers. Together our team works to provide the best in vehicle interaction to satisfy our global customer needs.
The Ford Global interaction Team is a growing team committed to envisioning and creating simple, thoughtful, enjoyable and compelling product experiences that continually inspire our teams and customers to go further.
- Work closely with various product development team (Electrical, Chassis, Powertrain, Connected Vehicle), Design Studio and Marketing to deliver specifications (Logic and flow, wireframes, planning for digital models, digital assets and master translation table set up) for Center stack screens
- Review feature applications and provide recommendations/solutions for how they integrate to the in-vehicle experience
- Translate consumer needs, business strategies and technological enablers into vehicle experiences
- Evolve in-vehicle interactions and highly interactive component designs from concepts through development then to production
- Conduct extensive testing of the developed components and prototypes to ensure customer verification and implementation validation
- Identify and track all open issues to ensure specification and design deliverables against program timing are met
- Interface with the Core Interaction Team for the development of Qt Models to be used for feasibility studies and management reviews
- Interface with the SYNC team for the design and development of SYNC HMI software
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Ergonomics, Interactive Design or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in user interface or user interaction design (including internship and/or co-op experience)
- 2+ years of experience with Ford/Lincoln SYNC product development or equivalent product development experience
- 4+ years of experience with user interface or user interactive design
- 2+ years of experience with Qt Modeling
- 2+ years of experience with Usability Testing
- 2+ years of experience with Concept Validation
- Proficient with Visio, Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure and Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required
Join our team as we create tomorrow! We believe in putting people first, working together, and facing challenges head-on, because we are Built Ford Tough. We are one team striving to make people's lives better while creating value, delivering excellence and ultimately going for the win.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position, TN visa holders may be considered.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.