Business Project Manager
The Department of Administrative Services, Division of Finance is looking for a skilled, talented, and enthusiastic Project Manager to lead business-critical projects for its Financial Information Systems team. If you have IT project management experience, apply today!
As the Business Project Manager, you will:
- Manage the execution of IT projects from planning through delivery, including
- Project team management.
- Resource Management.
- Budget planning and tracking.
- Project Performance.
- Overall delivery quality.
- All communication within the project team, as well as with the business.
- Manage the day-to-day activities related to demand forecasting, the capacity of the Financial Information System Team resources, and the allocation of team resources.
- Create and execute full-scale project work plans and revise as needed.
- Identify resources needed. Assign and track individual tasks and responsibilities.
- Plan, schedule, and manage project timelines.
- Monitor and effectively communicate and report on project projects, problems, and solutions.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects and their scopes.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, organized, and stored appropriately.
- Implement project management methodology tools and practices with exceptional skills and expertise.
The Best Qualified Candidate
The best qualified person for this role will have:
- Experience managing a variety of project tasks for complex IT projects in a multi-customer, dynamic environment, such as
- Prioritizing and planning work activities.
- Setting appropriate deadlines to complete activities accordingly.
- Identifying and managing risk.
- Monitoring and controlling budget.
- Effectively managing time, resources, and vendors.
- Effective change management.
- Project planning and tracking.
- Experience in resource capacity planning and deployment strategies.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Extra points will be awarded for candidates who have:
- Experience with Department of Administrative Services, Division of Finance systems and solutions.
- A PMP certification.