Software Engineering Intern - Full Stack Development
Are you interested in a full stack development internship with SQL, C#, and REACT.JS??
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a professional, innovative, and detail-oriented individual for a Software Engineering Internship in Pullman, WA. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to work part-time during the school year and full-time during the summer. If you are a current student at an accredited university in the Pullman area looking for an opportunity to develop your web design and software programming skills, learn from industry leading engineers, and enhance your academic learning, then this may be the position for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop Software to support SEL’s Infrastructure
2. Verify that software meets requirements.
3. Implement firmware/software design.
4. Provide support to engineering staff as needed.
5. Follow engineering quality assurance procedures.
6. Continuously identify, measure, and improve processes.
7. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
8. Understand. Create. Simplify.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Current student pursuing a degree in computer science or equivalent with at least one year of technical coursework completed
Ability to work part time during the school year and full time during the summer
Programming experience in C#, C++, Java or equivalent OO programming language
Ability to execute and document defined testing procedures
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Practical knowledge of developing Web applications
Knowledge of SQL and database concepts
Experience using revision control and source code management systems such as Git, Mercurial, SVN, and Rational ClearCase
Experience with UI development, such as HTML and React