IT Operations and Support Technician
There has never been a better time to join the Idaho State Police (ISP)! ISP is a dynamic force in the mix of entities that provide public safety services to Idaho's citizens and visitors. In this role you contribute to that cause in supporting our almost 600 employees by providing essential services through our extensive technical and professional expertise.
All IT Operation and Support Technicians are required to work 12 hour shifts including shift work. Shift work means working weekends, holidays, and nights on a rotating basis within the ILETS Network Operations Center (NOC) which is a 24 hour operations center.
This position starts at $17.40 per hour.
To be hired, you must pass an extensive background investigation which will include work history, criminal history, reference checks, FBI fingerprint clearance, drug test and a polygraph exam. Please see the IDAHO STATE POLICE DRUG POLICY listed at the end of this announcement.
Example of Duties
- This position requires working 12 hour shifts and shift work for a 24 hour operations center and is responsible for providing support functions for all ISP computer systems and statewide communications network including using Windows 7 and 10 on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the ILETS help-desk operations and coordination with other agency units
- These units will include, but are not limited to, the Idaho State Police and a variety of State, County, City and Federal agencies.
- Monitor the physical security, fire safety, and maintenance status for department complex including the campus camera system
- Operate and monitor computer equipment and peripheral devices ranging from mainframe or minicomputer equipment to large network computer systems
- Troubleshoot system operating problems and determine the cause of system interruptions
- Resolve and coordinate problem resolution with in-house staff and vendors
- Enforce physical security for computer systems and building access.
- Some knowledge of Networking
- Responsible to respond to emergency events as they occur
- Some knowledge of computer trends, software, capabilities, and terminology;
- Computer hardware and software installation, and troubleshooting.
- Experience identifying and resolving computer and system problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, and hardware malfunctions;
- Supporting users in the use of application software, and communicating and coordinating with vendors, users, and other IT staff.
- Must be able to regularly lift 20-50lbs.
- Experience documenting operational problems
- Experience reading and understanding technical material
- Ability to research material and find answers for yourself and others.