DSHS has a great career opportunity for a Registered Dietitian to use their passion for food and dietetics as they Transform Lives. If you are a dietitian looking for an opportunity to utilize your clinical nutrition skills to impact our community, this is the career opportunity for you!
You will provide professional level nutritional assessment, education, and medical nutritional therapy in the behavioral health setting of Western State Hospital. Our dietitians are responsible for patient education regarding potential food/drug interactions, nutrition, and modified diets. Our RDNs also represent Nutritional Services in meetings and committees.
Some of what you will do
- Participate in planning nutritionally adequate menus; provide nutritional care to a complex patient population
- Perform assessments, development, and implementation of medical nutritional therapy plans to meet individual patient needs; provide education
- Recommend/order food or nutritional products that are consistent with community standards
- Partner with facility staff to provide nutritional therapy for patients with a variety and multiple medical conditions, substance use/abuse history, as well as mental illnesses
- Provide in-service training for Food Service Workers and other hospital staff to ensure food is prepared and served to meet nutrition standards of care and quality
Who should apply
- Those who are a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) and have a WA Dietitian Certification
- A bachelor's degree with a major in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or Food Service Administration, OR four years of work experience as a dietitian
- Knowledge of therapeutic diet planning; preparation and serving of special diets; sanitary methods of food handling; standards for low-cost institutional meal preparation; or food cost controls are definite pluses
keywords: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, dietetic