Executive Director (Health Center Director)
Job Announcement / Benton County, Oregon / FQHC
Applications Requested by January 29, 2020
Executive Director (Health Center Director)
Are you a seasoned primary care leader interested to serve your community in a way that has far-reaching impact? Would you enjoy living in Oregon's beautiful Willamette Valley and working in the lively college town of Corvallis, located in Benton County?
As executive director of the Community Health Centers of Benton and Linn Counties, an FQHC headquartered in Corvallis, Oregon, you will lead a team of people who care deeply about providing exceptionally integrated, client-centered healthcare for all residents in our community. You will work in partnership with an engaged board of directors and stellar leadership team, and in conjunction with a supportive county administrator and board of commissioners, to ensure that CHC effectively fulfills its mission and values. You'll serve as steward of ongoing strategic planning and work collaboratively both within Benton County government and externally with dozens of partners. You also will work hand-in-hand with the Health Department Director to meet both person-centered and population health needs, improving social determinants of health. The board and staff will appreciate your primary care acumen, people- and equity-centered leadership style, focus on service excellence, and approachability.
Our budget is $22+ million. We have six clinics throughout two counties and 155 staff members. The ED directly supervises a four-member senior leadership team and an executive assistant.
Sherlyn Dahl, the current executive director who has successfully led the organization for almost 14 years, is retiring. The board has been planning this transition for months and, in collaboration with the County, the staff, and an outside consultant, has created a thoughtful and detailed transition plan. To see messages about the transition from the outgoing executive director and current board president, please visit https://www.bentonlinnhealthcenters.org/careers-and-community-opportunities/
About Community Health Centers of Benton and Linn Counties
CHC is a growing Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with six primary care sites in Corvallis, Monroe, Alsea, Lebanon, and Sweet Home, Oregon. The Health Center opened as an FQHC in 2004 and is the medical home for 10,000 patients and growing. It serves a patient population that is diverse in age, ethnicity, and socio-economic status. The Health Center provides person-centered, integrated health care, including medical care, dental, mental health, and addiction services. Services are culturally and linguistically appropriate. CHC accepts Medicaid, Medicare, and private insurance. A sliding fee scale is available for people without insurance. CHC is a five-star Patient-Centered Primary Care Home (PCPCH).
CHC Model of Care
The Health Center focuses on identifying barriers in accessing health care and reaches out to vulnerable populations. Staff are committed to improving health outcomes through a medical home model with a strong focus on prevention and chronic disease management. The CHC is accredited by the Oregon Health Authority as a Patient Center Primary Care Home at the highest level (5 Star). CHC is actively involved in implementing an innovative model of care that supports integration of primary care, mental health, oral health, and public health.
Integrated Management Teams
This position is part of an integrated senior leadership team within Benton County Health Services that includes the Director of the Health Department, Health Center Director, Chief Financial Officer, and Deputy Director of Public Health. This position also serves on the County-wide Management Team with all department heads.
Full Job Description: https://www.co.benton.or.us/hr/page/job-opportunities
Home Page: www.bentonlinnhealthcenters.org
Messages from Current Executive Director and Board President:
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare or related field (for example, Nursing, Public Health, Psychology, Social Services).
- Ten years of management experience including five years of experience supervising professional-level staff.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Preferred / The Ideal Candidate
- Senior-director-level healthcare program management experience.
- Knowledge of best practices for providing rural and urban healthcare services.
- Working knowledge of HRSA and PCPCH policies, procedures, and compliance.
- Ability to coach, counsel, supervise, and evaluate job performance of assigned staff in a timely, constructive, and collaborative manner.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural, diverse environment and to cultivate equity and inclusion in every aspect of the organization's work.
- Ability to lead complex strategic planning and implementation.
- Strong fiscal management skills, including experience in developing and managing budgets in excess of $2 million.
- Keen relationship and partnership building skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Firsthand and/or learned knowledge of discrimination.
- Advocacy experience at local and state levels.
- Experience working effectively with a board of directors.
- Experience working effectively within county government.
Salary and Benefits Information:
- Annual salary range of $99,075 - $158,513; Depending on qualifications and experience.
- An employer-paid (Consumer Driven Health Plan/high deductible) medical plan with additional options for an HSA or HRA account.
- The County funds up to $1400 for the HSA or HRA account.
- Vision plan embedded in the medical plan.
- Choose between two dental group plans – MODA or Willamette.
- Employer paid Life and AD&D insurance coverage, plus optional supplemental available for employee/spouse.
- Employer paid Long Term Disability coverage.
- Employer paid retirement contribution towards Oregon PERS.
- Deferred Compensation 457b Plan with employer contribution and optional employee contribution.
- Paid vacation, personal leave, holiday, sick leave, and a great work-life balance!
- For more information about benefits, click here (Download PDF reader).
- You must apply through our on-line application tracking system. For your experience and qualifications to be considered, you must completely fill out all the fields in the on-line application as detailed as possible.
- Questions about the application: Phone (541) 766-6081/ TDD (800) 735-2900.
- Please include a cover letter and chronological resume as part of your application (via the online portal). You will be asked to answer these two questions, which are embedded in the online application. Please supply a one-paragraph answer to each.
- What do you consider to be the greatest opportunities for Federally Qualified Health Care Centers (FQHCs) in the next three years?
- In thinking about a single leadership position you've held or about your leadership positions collectively, what are you most proud to have accomplished?
- An acknowledgement of the receipt of the application will be sent to all applicants.
- If you have questions about the position, please contact our recruitment consultant, Kathy Kniep: email@example.com / 503-309-3433.
- We request that you submit your application by January 29, 2020, as the candidate selection process begins January 30. Brief phone interviews are scheduled for February 24-25, and in-person/video interviews are scheduled for March 2-3.
- All inquiries will be handled confidentially to the extent possible within a public agency. If we receive a public records request, we will notify candidates and redact any personal information.
Benton County is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to work force diversity, fair employment practices and non-discrimination, including pay equity for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income.
If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, please contact the Benton County Human Resources Department by calling (541)766-6081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org