Talent Solutions Manager
Are you interested in talent acquisition and labor market intelligence?
Do you want to help employers meet their hiring needs?
Are you a inspirational and goal-driver leader?
Are you ready to help employers break the spirit of poverty through the dignity of work?
A collaborator. An inspirational leader. An entrepreneur. Someone who is driven to do heart-work and provide performance excellence, with integrity. A successful Talent Solutions Manager will be dedicated to leading a team in delivering personalized talent solution services to businesses in need.
You will lead and supervise the Talent Solutions Team (TST) in connecting employers to workforce development resources with the goals of strengthening and growing the economy, supporting job creation and meeting the hiring needs of employers. You will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the WorkSource Campus business service model, with an emphasis on creating a transformational engagement strategy dedicated to the TST providing relevant and value-added consultation to employers throughout Spokane County. You will guide the team in the development and execution of strategies supporting talent acquisition, hiring events and job fairs, labor market intelligence, and talent pipeline development.
In other words, Career Path Services is looking for an Talent Solutions Manager in Spokane - WorkSource to join our team, to be an ambassador of hope.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:Manage the day-to-day operations of the talent solutions team with guidance and leadership from the WorkSource Operator.
- Create and/or maintain a working environment that motivates staff, fosters innovation, and ensures a high level of staff morale while meeting performance targets.
- Develop and maintain a work plan that aligns with the goals/performance targets of each funding source and each prescribed Scope of Work within the TST and is agreed to by all agencies employing talent solutions team staff.
- Create reporting procedures to the WorkSource Operator and SWC highlighting the team’s accomplishments, goal attainment, and challenges.
- Organize or delegate the organization of employer forums, focus groups, and job fairs in coordination with WorkSource System partners.
- In coordination with the WorkSource Operator and SWC, coordinate marketing and public relations efforts to enhance the awareness of TST services to the community at large.
- Represent the WorkSource System at community events and meetings designed to attract or retain businesses in Spokane County.
- Obtain or maintain proficiency in providing labor market information, providing area profiles, providing wage survey data to determine prevailing wages, and disseminating market and wage information to employers, government agencies, and the local community.
- Provide presentations to employers and WorkSource System staff and partners relating to talent solutions to ensure the campus is employer centered.
- Lead the WorkSource Connection Site Certification process for Talent Solutions Center.
- Develop, grow, and maintain a direct talent pipeline between academic organizations, trade schools, apprenticeship programs, and other local entities to meet the talent gaps within specific in-demand industries and occupations in Spokane County.
- Mentor, coach and support TST members to continuously develop their skills as local industry navigators who are proactive in their approach to local business needs.
We look for individuals who exhibit our organizational core competencies and who have the knowledge of, or ability to learn the key technical competencies and skills for this job.
- General Leadership Competencies - Level 1Leading OthersLeading OneselfAdapting communication to meet different personalities
- Assessing performance
- Building trust
- Empowering others
- Giving feedback
- Motivating others
- Resolving conflict
- Setting expectations
- Training others
- Valuing differences
- Accepting differences
- Communicating boldly
- Communicating clearly
- Embracing change
- Emotional intelligence
- Ethical action
- Growing personally and professionally
- Interpersonal awareness
- Technical Competencies and SkillsHave the ability to manage staff from various agencies, and the ability to make decisions on behalf of the team with guidance from the WorkSource Operator and in work partnership with consortium agencies.
- Be an inspirational, goal-driven and highly professional leader who strives to lead transformation within an organization.
- Have the ability to ensure the team reaches goals while utilizing an inclusive, partnership-based approach.
- Be familiar with Customer Centered Design principles and the ability to utilize them to create process improvements which are customer centric in nature.
- Be a skilled communicator who is flexible and willing to communicate changes as the needs of the WorkSource System evolve.
- Be willing to negotiate and compromise to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and professionally develop staff members.
- Understanding of the change management process, and the ability to guide staff through change effectively.
- Highly defined conflict management skills with proven examples of navigating resolution techniques which foster understanding and compromise.
- Highly skilled in situational leadership and the ability to direct, coach, support and empower staff in an appropriate manner in order to enhance their professional development.
- Organizational Core ValuesIntegrity: Stay true to our mission, purpose, and vision; act in harmony with our beliefs and values; gain trust while respecting boundaries; keep commitments, hold ourselves and others accountable.
- Courage: Take smart risks and challenge status quo; challenge actions inconsistent with organization’s values; speak up, even when uncomfortable; perform heroic actions advocating for those the organization serves.
- Generosity: Extend hospitality, appreciation, and have dedication to serve others; seek what is best for the organization rather than self; act humbly; treat everyone with kindness and dignity.
- Visionary: Embrace an entrepreneurial spirit; pioneer new ideas and demonstrate curiosity; embrace failure to break boundaries and learn rapidly; be willing to do things differently; adapt and stay nimble by finding time to simplify.
- Leadership: Humbly guide and lead others to make a positive difference; contribute to the larger good; share knowledge; commit self and others to professional growth; be a life-long learner; engage in open, honest communication.
- Excellence: Perform with integrity to ensure accurate and competent results with a positive impact; extend beyond minimum expectations; consider other points of view; think critically and problem solve by identifying root causes; show unity through teamwork.
- RequiredA Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study related to: Workforce Development, Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, Social Services, or related field. Direct experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Supervisory experience in sales, recruitment, human resources, employment training, education or other related business fields.
- Requires use of: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, LinkedIn, Facebook, Constant Contact and other business-related networking applications, as appropriate.
- Experience in utilizing a Customer Relationship Management Tool to manage workflow and share information.
- Requires flexibility in working some evening and/or weekend hours.
- Must be able to work in a culturally diverse and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity and cultural competency.
- PreferredAn MBA or Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership.
- Two years of experience in workforce development.
- A proven ability to develop a network of employment training and job placement resources with the private sector.
- Project Management and Program Implementation experience.
In the spirit of generosity for our employees, we have developed a leading benefit package to attract employees, take care of them while working for us, and to ensure they can in turn take care of their families:
- Leading health care package, including medical with both F.S.A. and H.S.A. options, dental, and vision
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary/supplemental group term life insurance, group AD&D insurance, hospital indemnity coverage, accident coverage, critical illness coverage, legal coverage, and identity theft coverage
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a leading employer discretionary contribution
- Paid Vacation (accrue 12 hours/month), Sick (accrue 8 hours/month), Bereavement (1 week), Jury Duty and Military Leave
- 11 Paid Holidays, including Floating Holiday and Birthday Holiday
- Cell Phone Reimbursement Allowance and Personal Development Reimbursement Allowances
- Tuition Reimbursement program and a qualified employer for the Federal Loan Forgiveness Program
ABOUT CAREER PATH SERVICES
Career Path Services is a workforce development and employment training 501(c)3 nonprofit headquartered in Spokane, WA. As an organization, we pride ourselves in being a part of our community and truly enriching the community we work in. We value our diverse team-based environments while recognizing the creativity and initiative of individuals. Career Path Services is committed to honoring our employees' service to our mission and values by providing continuous training and development opportunities. We have been honored to be named a top 50 Best Nonprofits to Work For by the Nonprofit Times seven years in a row, and are more than proud of our employees who make this happen. Our amazing employees make us a great place to work because of their high character and competence.
Career Path Services is an equal opportunity employer. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to persons of disability. TTY relay 1-800-833-6388.
Empowering People. Enhancing Workforce. Enriching Communities.
Job: Talent Solutions Manager
Primary Location: Spokane - WorkSource
Starting Salary: $65,000 Annually
Recruitment Closing Date: January 31,2020 - The hiring authority reserves the right to make hiring decisions and/or close this posting at any time. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early.