Application Specialist (Environmental Science)
METER Group, Inc. USA is seeking an Application Specialist who has the ability to create and maintain relationships with clients.The successful candidate will actively engage METER clients and be a spokesperson for the company at conferences, customer sites, training events, etc. This individual will have a strong background in environmental field research and a master's degree in a field related to METER Group's agricultural and environmental products including but not limited to environmental biophysics, environmental science, soil science, etc. These attributes will allow the Application Specialist to collaborate and develop business relationships with scientists who purchase METER's environmental instrumentation and educate and empower them to be successful
This individual will be trained on a variety of products in order to provide application support. This individual will also work closely with METER Group's scientists and product developers to provide expert input on product design, function, and customer feedback.
METER Group's headquarters is located in Eastern Washington with an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: no traffic, country space, great schools and universities, safe neighborhoods, and easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests.
- Actively interface with customers by phone, email, and in person at tradeshows, association meetings, and at customer sites (travel 20%)
- Become an expert with METER instruments to provide the best possible advice for clients to be successful.
- Be a brand ambassador for METER to the environmental science and related communities.
- Take customer calls for both sales and support.
- Complete regular support and science training and seek additional help from other team members and supervisor when needed.
- Gather, archive, and communicate customer feedback to supervisor and product developers.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Independent analysis of complex customer inquiries that encompass the theory behind measurements taken with METER instruments, use of METER instruments in unique applications, analysis of anomalous data, troubleshooting and assessment of proper instrument function.
- Master's degree in environmental science, soil science, or related field.
- Field research experience.
- Experience with writing grant proposals or a strong familiarity with funding agencies and the grant writing and review process.
- Peer reviewed publishing experience.
- Ability to receive and positively respond to constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the environmental research community.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Sales or customer service experience.
- Familiarity with METER's products.
- Become a strong spokesperson for METER Group by proactively seeking new customers through a variety of methods including tradeshows, associations, customer visits, customer and employee training workshops, etc.
- Become a colleague to METER's customers through consistent and courteous application support.
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all applicants to apply through our website at https://metergroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/. If your interests, qualifications, and experience match any of our openings please apply for that position so that you are considered immediately. You may also subscribe to our careers page so that we email you when we have openings in your area of interest.
Company personnel are employed on an at-will basis. Employment at-will may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time by the employee or METER.
METER is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status. We celebrate our cultural and intellectual richness and strive to continuously advance inclusion and equity in our company.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.