Sr. Research Analyst in Property Tax Policy - Idaho State Tax Commission
The Idaho State Tax Commission is recruiting to fill a Research Analyst, Senior position in its Tax Policy section of the Property Tax Division
Are you interested in a career as a Researcher working in Tax Policy/Property Tax?
We are seeking candidates possessing a love for research, number crunching and excellent customer service skills. If you have solid Excel skills, experience compiling ad hoc reports, and the ability to work with a variety of customers including officials at the over 1,000 taxing districts, legislators, lobbyists, and media - this job may be for you!
Example of Duties
- Compiling various types of numerical property tax and property value information submitted by counties and taxing districts
- Ensuring that taxing district property tax budgets do not exceed legally set limits
- Maintaining various property tax related data bases
- Calculating certain sales tax distributions, and preparing reports based on submitted and compiled information
- Some travel, mostly to train local government officials on budget documentation and other requirements, is required
- Communicating verbally and in writing with local governments and some communication with state officials in various state agencies
- Making presentations before groups