The Web Designer responsibilities include managing Web design projects and internal expectations. This position will design, construct and maintain web sites including incorporating graphic user interfaces (GUI) feature and integration into content management systems (CMS). Also responsible for client communications regarding timelines, budgets, and costs overages. May be responsible for content creation as well.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining consistency of design and graphic design guidelines across all design projects for Web site and print. Includes assisting graphic designer with every day projects, such as, but not limited to, designs for posters, trade shows, mailers, brochures, pamphlets, and other collateral materials.
- Provide conceptual and stylistic direction to effectively meet Web content strategies for product and services campaigns, and maintain the company Web site by combining content, graphic mock-ups, navigational structure, and appearance into a powerful integrated experience.
- Contributes to growth by providing the Vice President, Advertising & Public Relations with information on trends and innovations in Web and graphic design in order to keep communications competitive. Responsible for ongoing design development of Web site that utilizes Web application architectures that are intuitive and easy for account holders to use.
- Determine, document and Implement web design parameters, style guides, and visual standards.
- Creates Web site navigation design and visual execution that help account holders accomplish their goals quickly and easily online. Manages integration of copy and design content of Web projects through all phases of development, coordinating with Digital Insight’s technical team through the development, testing, and launch phases. Contributes to the creation of a 1-2 year design/development roadmap for the Web site.
- Works with internal customers such as project leaders or product planners to develop new Web pages, links to business partners or alliances and educational information, or to develop print vehicles to present product and educational information (brochures, pamphlets, folders).
- Formulates options and themes to communicate desired Web media message to the target audience effectively and accurately. Responsible for Web site compliance of visual tags, symbols and language.
- Supervises staff Web Coordinator and outside vendors: coordinates and directs the tasks that the Web Coordinator is responsible for on a weekly and monthly basis; supervises and approves final designs, revisions and updates including navigational links, as assigned to the coordinator; supervises the overall creative strategy of selected page designs by coordinator to ensure consistency with business look and feel; directs and approves the final creative of pages as designed by third-party vendors.
- Monitors the marketing communication tools of competitors, including Web sites, for innovative ideas that might be implemented. Researches trends and state of the art Web-based software and online products and recommends enhancements to increase member awareness of the company messages and to maintain a high-efficiency production schedule for internal and external communications.
- Evaluate, recommend, implement or coordinate implementation of new pages, tools, online services as they are added to the site; determine and develop the look and feel of new web site pages, making sure brand is represented correctly, oversee production of those designs, site navigation design and visual execution. Assures cost-effective and professional design and execution of web site and print materials to provide account holders and prospects with timely and accurate information on credit union products and services.
- Responsible for developing marketing communications concepts and solutions to meet established objectives as needed or as requested by Manager. Presents recommendations to the Vice President, Advertising & Public Relations for approval against budget constraints and corporate image standards. Formats and designs publications, brochures and direct mail marketing pieces with visual appeal within corporate graphics standards against strict deadlines. Finds and selects sources for artwork and professional, attention-getting materials that effectively communicate the desired message to the account holders.
- Negotiates with vendors to assure professional, prompt and accurate production of communication materials within budget constraints. Includes actual overseeing of photo shoots and pressruns to verify color accuracy and print clarity with final signoff authority on production runs.
- Manages the ongoing development and design of the Web site using high level of knowledge of HTML and Web editing programs. Coordinates the updating of Web pages, creating new Web pages and integrating graphic elements created for print into a coordinated online campaign.
- Evaluates candidates for coordinator position and provides feedback for performance evaluations, rewards and recognition as needed. As Senior Designer, position is responsible for overseeing other staff graphic designer to ensure design standards, guidelines and image are followed in all communications production, as well as branch external and internal signage.
- Design banners and promotional campaigns throughout the Web site and Home Banking on a monthly basis, updating Web pages, creating new Web pages and integrating graphic elements created for print into a coordinated online campaign to increase usage of electronic products and services.