Agricultural Research Technician - Kimberly, ID
Interested in working for the #1 sugarbeet seed producer in North America? Come join our exceptional team as an Agricultural Research Technician, Yield Trials in our Kimberly, ID location.
This role will coordinate and execute trial activities including but not limited to planting, irrigation, pest control, ratings and harvest. Maintains accurate records and adheres to quality standards and trialing protocols which may include regulated material. May give work direction to seasonal and temporary workers. Makes informed decisions to ensure success of research activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Independently create work plans based on experience and knowledge of best practices, write and deliver work instructions, draw maps for plots, make weather related decisions for success of regulated trials and safety of workers.
• Organize and sort plant material to ensure setup and planting arrangement is done accurately.
• Operate the required proprietary software for data collection.
• Direct and operate planting and harvest equipment including proprietary technology and equipment, which will include commercial vehicles and forklifts.
• May train, and supervise seasonal and temporary workers and coordinate work schedules as needed.
• Keep detailed records of activities, which include regulatory records and utilize correct reporting methods.
• Assist with equipment and vehicle maintenance.
• Organize, direct and apply pesticides to field sites under the direction of qualified personnel as needed.
• May mix chemistries for pesticide applications.
• Utilize spreadsheets to analyze work plans and make recommendations.
• Ensure Company handbook, Rules, Guidelines and Procedures and safety policies are followed and personal protective equipment is used correctly.
• Travel and/or drive on behalf of the business.
• Meet attendance requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One or more years of experience in specific tasks being conducted by the stations.
• Ability to work variable hours as needed.
• Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving history.
• Ability to work independently and within a team with flexibility.
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
• Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, or equivalent in a related field and/or 2 years’ experience in agriculture, crop production, general farming, landscaping, greenhouse or similar.
• Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (drone) experience.
• Experience working with regulated plant material.
• Bilingual skills.
• Experience working with agricultural pesticide applications
• Supervisory experience.
• Valid CDL license or ability to obtain CDL within 6 months of hire.
• Have or be able to obtain Pesticide Applicator License.