Continuous Improvement Leader, Heil Environmental
Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Reports To: Plant Manager, Operations
Dover’s Environmental Solutions Group (ESG) encompasses industry-leading companies within Dover Corporation’s Engineered Systems Group - Heil Environmental, Marathon Equipment, Bayne Premium Lift Systems, The Curotto Can, and 3rd Eye - to create a premier, fully integrated equipment group serving the solid waste and recycling industry. Through extensive in-house engineering and manufacturing capabilities, a wide-reaching service network, and unmatched industry expertise, ESG is uniquely focused on solving customer problems through environmentally responsible products and world-class service.
The Continuous Improvement Leader assists to deliver organizational transformations as well as drive targeted performance improvement projects. The transformation engagements will include fostering cultural transformations at ESG locations through mentoring of executive leadership, organizational training, and hands-on project support. The targeted performance improvement activities will be supported by applying continuous improvement methodologies to achieve specific business results in operations, transactional processes, supply chain, acquisition integration and other strategic initiatives for the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Act as change agent committed to accelerating process improvements with the aim of supporting the business in achieving its objectives. Promote awareness, understanding and acceptance of ESG Continuous Improvement Methodology (CI). Create a CI transformation road map.
- Educate, coach, and mentor employees at all levels in the organization to establish an engaged CI culture.
- Drive cross-functional CI teams to breakthrough or Best-in-Class performance in People, Quality, Material Flow, Information Flow and Cost.
- Assist with aligning site improvement plans to the broader ESG organization through participation in project idea generation, selection, scoping, aligning metrics and project execution.
- Successfully manage project timeline, resources and deliverables.
- Provide leadership direction and support to generate the expected results with the site, organization, supplier and customer.
- Develop, implement and distribute CI tools and best practice sharing across ESG, including learning material, standard CI toolkit, data driven reporting metrics and identified process improvement solutions.
- Regularly provide project status updates to stakeholders and team members.
- Train local teams and apply wide range of process improvement tools to assist in identifying and eliminating waste and support growth including: Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management, Kaizen / Gemba Planning and Facilitation, Flow Concepts, Product Preparation Process (3P), Pull Systems/Kanban, 5S/Workplace Organization, Level Load Scheduling, Value Analysis/Value Engineering, and Standard Work, Problem Solving (ie: A3, Six Sigma DMAIC).
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Assists with other strategic projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, or other applicable degree) required.
- 5+ years of strategic and tactical experience to include: demonstrated continuous improvement responsibility, experience in directing and managing large projects and influencing, coaching, driving and managing change.
- Ability to influence and communicate complex subject matter in both written and verbal form to mixed and broad audiences.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and project management software.
- Travel will be less than 20%.
- Advanced Degree desired.
- Certified lean practitioner and/or Six Sigma Blackbelt.
- High level of integrity, strong initiative, ability to get agreement/buy-in, and a team-oriented work ethic.
- Solid analytics and understanding of financial statement analysis and financial modeling.
- Proven ability to simultaneously project manage multiple high impact projects; short and long term goal planning.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced matrix environment, multi-task and prioritize work based on business needs.
- Ability to use systematic, disciplined and data driven methods that get to root causes, in order to solve problems and analyze and improve processes.
Motivates and Inspires
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.