Animal Feed Purchasing Manager, Ag or Commodities Buying / Selling Experience Needed (Buhl, ID)
Do you possess a Bachelor's degree with a specialization in Supply Chain, or Ag/Business Administration or a related field? Do you have a minimum of 3 years of previous experience in purchasing, sales, inventory control, and the use of an ERP system? Are you an excellent communicator with the ability to lead a team? If you said yes to these questions, we want to hear from YOU!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The role of the Purchasing Manager is to provide the company with consistent service to customers and suppliers by effectively managing the purchase contracts for an assigned geographical region, or specific ingredients and to develop a sustainable business with acceptable margins as outlined by division, and to promote growth, manage risk and present opportunities for growth in the designated area.
Commodities buying or selling experience strongly preferred. Animal Feed and/or Ag experience required.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Ag/Business or equivalent experience
- 3 years or more of Purchasing, Sales, Inventory control, use of ERP system
- Strong computer skills MS Office programs
- Great interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong negotiations and contract management skills
- Capable of overnight business travel, including occasional travel by airplane
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Suppliers, and Coworkers
- Attention to detail and a strong work ethic delivered with professionalism
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Service-oriented and quality-driven while possessing integrity
- Knowledge of industry markets and a general understanding of regulatory requirements
- Collect market information and gain comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients marketed
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategy for their area of responsibility
- Manage key aspects for the execution of the business including Working Capital metrics as outlined by the company, annual budget preparation for the area of responsibility including expense management
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and commitment
- Works well under stress with the ability to deliver on time
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with the marketing team to understand the products where Wilbur-Ellis would have a competitive advantage
- Develop, maintain and enhance a close working relationship between the company and our suppliers
- Examine and evaluate marketplace business conditions, vendor opportunities, and new product introductions
- Manage, support, and promote the development, growth, and success of the purchasing staff
- Strive to exceed the company goals as to gross profit production and the gross profit percentage
- Responsible for controlling and monitoring the company inventory, making sure that the inventory level is reviewed monthly and that the levels meet our company month supply levels
- Stay abreast of market conditions, changes in products, changes in price levels, terms, discounts, allowances, and changes with suppliers
- Purchase at the lowest costs, improve the quality and marketability of our products, and seek new and/or better products that the company can sell competitively at improved gross profit margins
- Evaluate and offer suggestions to increase results, which should include better methods, systems, and procedures
- Review the performance of the purchasing staff
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)