This position requires the teaching of at least 10 credit hours per semester (fall & spring), includes advising candidates in the undergraduate teacher education elementary program in CdA and placing them for practicum and internships. Faculty will participate in recruitment activities and department meetings and represent the program at events when necessary.
A visa sponsorship is available for the position listed in this vacancy: No
Responsibilities/Job Duty Functions
-Teaching & Advising Percentage Of Time 75%
-Outreach & Extension Percentage Of Time 15%
-Scholarship & Creative Activities Percentage Of Time 5%
-University Service & Leadership Percentage Of Time 5%
• An earned master’s degree in education or closely related field
• A minimum of three (3) years of successful P-8 teaching are required.
• Evidence of excellent teaching in a variety of content areas (e.g. literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, art education) at the elementary level
• Evidence of excellence in interpersonal skills, sensitivity to diversity, and ability to relate to local constituencies, including higher ed and K-12 school personnel
• Potential for teaching undergraduate courses using face-to-face and online platforms
• Potential to advise undergraduate students
• Experience designing curriculum and instruction informed by cultural proficiency and
• Professional capacity to place and supervise teaching candidates for practicum experiences in school districts
• Experience teaching and advising students preparing to teach in P-8 school settings
• Experience working with undergraduate students to complete the UI Teaching Performance Assessment (edTPA) or a similar portfolio
• Experience with technology and its role in education
• Knowledge of research-based pedagogical practices
• Experience coordinating field-based placements for teacher candidates
• Experience with internal and external collaborative partnerships
• Ability to support the development and functioning of one or more community advisory boards or other means to positively represent the university to encourage enrollment growth
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
Degree Requirement Listed degree qualification is required at time of hire.
Posting Information Posting Number F000845P
Posting Date 04/14/202
Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special consideration will be given to those applying on or before May 13, 2020.
Application documents include:
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of References
- Research/Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts (unofficial are acceptable)
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
The University of Idaho (U of I) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, U of I does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, genetic information or status as any protected veteran or military status in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions and educational programs.