International Medication Systems, Limited is currently accepting applications for a Compounding Chemist. This position works in our compounding department. This position requires open availability and a flexible schedule to accommodate department needs.
Work with one other worker involved in the production of pharmaceutical compounds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates workers involved in compounding bulk medication batches.
- Performs and/or oversees weighing, mixing, and handling operations and assists in activities.
- Performs Passivation of compounding tank, equipment as needed.
- Assembles equipment, materials, and other supplies for compounding batches.
- Cleans compounding area.
- Maintains GMP, Regulatory and Safety compliance.
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Chemistry or science related degree
- Open availability - Willingness to work either mornings, afternoons, or overnight as needed.
- Comfortable with doing lots of cleaning in work area.
Amphastar reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Amphastar to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Amphastar intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Amphastar that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Amphastar is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Amphastar also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Amphastar is an E-Verify employer.
Amphastar is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.40 /hour