Alliance Defending Freedom is seeking a highly creative Graphic Designer located in our Scottsdale, AZ office. As the Graphic Designer, you are a vital part of the Direct Response Team. In this role, you are responsible for supporting ADF’s mission and objectives with graphic design products and photography consistent with ADF’s brand and quality standards. You will work with internal and external clients to develop concepts and layouts, advising on design style, format, and print production.
Your Essential Responsibilities:
In this position, you will:
- Work with internal and external clients to create print and digital products to advance the ADF mission and brand, including but not limited to advertising materials, awards, brochures, displays, publications, booklets and other communication and ADF brand materials.
- Create and execute visual communications to convey messages in an effective and aesthetically pleasing manner according to ADF mission and brand.
- Maintain working knowledge of graphic design trends, skills and industry standards.
- Own the design of and development of ongoing graphic design processes that continue to evolve/enhance the efficiency of graphic design projects.
- Collaborate with internal owners of segmented audiences in order to gain an understanding of the audience and execute on the graphic design needs to further enhance ADF’s awareness in each audience segment.
- Serve as liaison directly with vendors and other teams for graphic design needs, quotes, ensuring deadlines are met, ADF brand and quality standards are met, and final delivery of the product(s).
- Lead or assist in proper lighting set up for both video and photographic shoots.
- Provide high quality photographic needs for the ministry as needed.
Other Responsibilities (Non-Essential):
- You will be asked to perform related duties or special projects as assigned.
Skills you need to succeed:
- Branding, design and visual principles
- Adobe Creative Suite and other graphic design software
- Typography, color and production
- Product photography
- Collaborate with multiple personalities
- Evaluate choices critically, with the clients’ needs in mind
- Multi-task and work under pressure
- Communicate design choices and direction clearly
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 25 days a year.
Education and/or experience:
- 4+ years experience in graphic design with deep working knowledge of all graphic design software
- Expertise in photographic design and execution with primary working knowledge related to Cannon photographic equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide design rationales and communicate needs and expectations clearly with internal and external clients