Information Technology Business Analyst
Do you possess a strong, professional background in business analysis ranging from infrastructure to new business application development? Do you enjoy working with a diverse group of individuals? Then Come Lead with Us in a culture that fosters a safe and healthy environment as an Information Technology Business Analyst!
Washington County recently purchased a new $4.5 million tax software/hardware system, ORION. In October 2019, Assessment & Taxation (A&T) went live with the Appraisal side of the software and then live with the Tax Collections module in May 2020. As A&T continues to work through the “newness” of this system, the department seeks an IT Business Analyst to optimize the use of the system.
While this position will work exclusively with the Assessment and Taxation (A&T) department, this person will report to the IT Project Management Office Manager, and will be part of the ITPMO team, complying with defined project management standards and methods. Initially, this position will work closely with the A&T ORION Project Manager, interim Business Analyst, Information Systems Analyst, department SME’s, and respective A&T & ITS department directors.
An ideal candidate will have a business analysis background as well as familiarity with Appraisal methodologies; and/or property tax or tax collections. In addition, the candidate will communicate clearly and perform typical business analysis duties, including requirements gathering, cost, benefit and risk analysis, develop conclusions, alternatives and proposed solutions. Professional development in business analysis techniques is desirable, with experience in Technical Writing, User Acceptance Testing, and Project Management Life cycle. Previous government experience with financial systems is highly desirable but not required.
This position is a critical department resource and will focus on the following:
- Support the operational aspects of the ORION System and related strategies for the A&T Department.
- Production support for the ORION Systems and processes, working toward continual process improvement, content updates to expand knowledge base and keep information current, and overall support of A&T systems and programs.
- Identifying and analyzing business challenges and opportunities with the objective of outlining the best option for addressing business needs that include detailed consideration of requirements, costs, benefits, and risks.
- Backlog management, requirement gathering and proposing solutions for system enhancements.
- System defect logging and release support and testing.
- Manage the implementation of a new taxpayer e-filing solution, helping to design and documenting the business process, coordinating with ITPMO and IT infrastructure
- Assist in the implementation of additional features such as Sales database and Workflow
- Participate in Vendor’s support community and leverage knowledge sharing with other Oregon customers
- Support all A&T projects that cross various A&T divisions.
A&T’s other systems include: Helion Recording System and Cartography, Zasio Records Management, and the Elections.
Education and Experience:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business administration, or related field; AND two (2) years of experience providing professional-level business analysis and support; OR
- Associate's Degree in computer science, business administration, or related field; AND four (4) years of experience providing professional-level business analysis and support; OR
- Six (6) years of experience providing professional-level business analysis and support.
Additional Licenses, Certificates, Physical Abilities, and Specialty Requirements:
- May be required to successfully pass an extensive criminal background and personal history check.
- Must have the ability to arrange for timely transportation in order to attend appointments and meetings at locations throughout the State of Oregon.
If you have completed education in a foreign college or university and are using this education to meet the minimum qualifications, you must provide documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received within the United States' accredited college or university system or your application will not be accepted.
Salary $7,810.11 - $9,490.60 Monthly
For more information and to apply visit: www.washcojobs.org