Forest Inventory Cruiser
Mendocino Redwood Company (MRC) is looking for a resourceful, experienced forest inventory cruiser to fill this full-time position in Ukiah, CA. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The key areas of focus for this position are as follows;
Working under the direction and supervision of forest inventory analyst for the purpose of supporting forest inventory work.
- Completes check cruises of selected inventory plots following existing forest inventory cruising protocol
- Takes accurate measurements on plots to validate existing cruise plots.
- Reports data to inventory forester in an efficient and timely manner
- Collect data for permanent plots re-checks every 5 years.
- Collects data for carbon offset project plots following existing carbon plot protocol.
- Strong commitment to our mission of managing highly productive forestland's with a high degree of environmental stewardship.
- Six months experience working in forested landscapes.
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or a related field (BS) preferred.
- Must have experience using dichotomous keys to accurately identify rare and endemic species.
- Must be willing to adapt to changes in technology
- Must be oriented to working in the woods on a daily basis, 95% of the time for this position will be spent in the woods.
- Must carry or be able to obtain a valid California Driver’s License and be eligible to operate a company vehicle under company policy guidelines
- Travel within the state of California 10-15% of work time.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet