Data Management Summer Intern
At Parametric, we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and opportunities for growth and development. We invite you to explore our available job opportunities listed below and look forward to having you become a part of our continued success!
The Data Management Intern will work closely with our Data Architect, Data Management Office and business stakeholders in the support of creating, testing and deploying the new data mastering platform that is being worked on.
The Intern will be creating ETL based solutions with MarkIT EDM, NiFi,, SQL, Hive and Spark. The intern will also help with integrating data with the Hadoop Data Lake.
The project scope will be limited to the length of the internship to ensure maximum benefit for both the intern and Parametric.
Data Intern will assist Data Engineers in these areas:
- Architect scalable data models and build efficient and reliable ETL pipelines to bring the data into our core data lake
- Design, build, and launch visualization and self-serve analytics products that empower our internal and external customers with flexible insights
- Build data expertise, and partner with data scientists and product engineers to define and standardize business rules and maintain high-fidelity data
- Partner with other engineers in the development of new tools to enable our teams and customers to understand and access data more efficiently
- Work cross-functionally (eg: product managers, engineers, business teams) to support new product and feature launches
- Current graduate student progressing towards a Master’s degree with a concentration in Data or Computer Science field.
- Strong interest in data, financial systems, and creating efficiency.
- Competent in Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills required.
- Proven ability to work independently.