2021 Data Engineering Summer Internship
About the Role
It’s all about the data! There is no surprise that data is a seamless fabric that pervades every corner of our planet, making it the most valuable renewable resource. Data’s value stems from its potential to be distilled into an essential commodity. In its most refined state, data can be transformed into knowledge which powers decision making and provides opportunities for operational efficiencies and increased revenue.
Come blaze passion into designing, building and integrating big data with the Data Engineering team to help make data and its pipelines more useful to the enterprise. Supercharge your human operating system and learning capacity while experimenting with new technology products, building and maintaining data structures and architecture for data ingestion and processing. You’ll learn techniques, approaches and help develop technology products that enable data discovery, visualization and insights.
• Apply your insatiable curiosity to create data ingestion patterns and deliver data to consumers
• Develop queries or algorithms to ingest data from various sources into a cloud-based environment and data ecosystem
• Build required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data
• Assist in preparing big data infrastructure for large-scale data intensive applications
• Optimize and engineer cloud architectures, data storage technologies
• Activate your limitless potential in designing, building and testing data products, scripts or connectors for advanced analytics
Are you ready to ignite your potential with BP?
Why Join Us?
What we are looking for
At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to encouraging an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Our internship program offers you just that plus the opportunity for hands-on experience working on real projects that deliver tangible benefits and measurable results. You will work alongside our highly qualified and professional colleagues. We take interns studying a wide range of subjects to allow you to explore new career aspiration and develop the technical skillset for you to have a successful career.
Summer internships last 12 weeks.
At bp, we are #oneteam, so the safety of each member of our community is of the utmost importance to us. Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home and as a result we have implemented a virtual hiring process and are onboarding new hires remotely.
• Must have cumulative and major GPA of 3.2 or higher
• No sponsorship available for this position
• Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related technical or business field
• Must be in your penultimate year of study
• Must be available for a continuous 12-week period
• Ability to work using the agile scrum, kanban or agile framework
• Self-motivated with an enthusiastic and proactive, passionate approach to learn and inspire
• Be an imaginative / creative problem solver
• Energetic communicator open to co-create and collaborate on a cross-functional team
Discover your place with us and help our business meet the challenges of the future. You MUST upload your resume plus transcript and complete your online application at http://bp.com/uscampus.
Note: Remember, you can only apply for ONE opportunity. If you are not sure this is the role for you, please return to our Degree Matcher to review your other options.
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We are looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a fresh perspective, collaborative spirit, and challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net zero.