Research & Development Intern
What this role is all about:
We are in need of a Research & Development intern in the below locations.
- Jerome, ID
- Eden Prairie, MN
The Research & Development Intern, under the direction of various site-specific staff and management, is assigned to short term R&D projects, conducting experiments and performing testing. The responsibilities of the R&D Intern vary based on assignments and department needs.
- Work on R&D projects as assigned, utilizing basic knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- Conduct experiments.
- Perform sample preparation and testing.
- Record, collate, evaluate and interpret experimental data; converting into relevant reports.
- Gather, accurately document and analyze R&D data.
- Learn to successfully operate all relevant equipment.
- Work on projects to improve process, plant and/or employee efficiencies.
- Collect follow-up data to determine the effectiveness of implemented process improvements.
- Take direction on assignments and then work autonomously or with appropriate team(s) to accomplish assignment objectives.
- Acquire current knowledge and understanding of regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable laws related to R&D in a dairy manufacturing environment.
- Thoroughly learn about the Agropur business model and how to run an efficient R&D department.
- Actively meet and speak with R&D employees to learn the various aspects and responsibilities of their jobs.
- Learn to work safely and efficiently, while maintaining accuracy.
- Successfully pass any assessments or tests required to work within the R&D department.
- Summarize and present a summary of projects and lessons learned at end of internship, if applicable.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s program in a Food Science, Dairy Science, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Food Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering or Chemical Engineering program as a candidate for graduation.
- No experience required; in-house training provided.
What we offer you:
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Community Involvement
AA/EEO – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity