Electrical Engineer - Kiewit Power Engineers
As an entry-level Electrical Engineer, you will be a part of a growing team that supports all aspects of the construction process by performing innovative design engineering through brainstorming conceptual designs, performing and/or reviewing electrical calculations, developing plans, scheduling tasks to meet client needs, as well as mitigating risk to keep our construction crews safe.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
- Gas-fired generation
- Power delivery
- Environmental retrofits
- Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
• Checking manufacturer's wiring drawings, one-line diagrams, schematics, data sheets and similar drawings
• Researching and analyzing requirements from various engineering standards, contracts and proposal documents
• Preparing basic engineering calculations and drawings following Kiewit Power Engineers standards
• Providing draft equipment specifications for major electrical equipment
• Performing bid evaluations
• Coordinating electrical equipment contracts directly with equipment vendors
• Maintaining engineering records and lists as required
• Developing and managing cable and termination information utilizing plant design software
• Coordinating work with other engineers, designers, project managers, construction personnel and vendors
• Developing familiarity with departmental design standards, applicable engineering codes, and Kiewit Power Engineers policies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. The individual will develop familiarity with and learn to use the electrical department design software tools.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The individual must:
• Have a BS in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
• Demonstrate interest in power systems engineering
• Possess excellent organizational and communication skills
• Be a team player