Entry Level Packaging Engineer
Business Unit Description
NXP’s Technology organization plays an essential role in the company’s success by ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable, cost-competitive technologies and supply to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
Package Innovation delivers IC packaging solutions and new packaging technology for all NXP products. Within Package Innovation, the Automotive Systems team provides packaging for a range of products including Vehicle Electrification, Power Management, Sensors, ADAS, and Car Audio.
- Responsible for leading packaging projects ensuring that all packaging deliverables are met for New Product and New Technology Introductions (NPI, NTI).
- Define packages and materials that meet product requirements for reliability, performance, manufacturability, and cost.
- Develop DOE’s and tests to evaluate suitability and reliability of package solutions.
- Coordinate package related activities across multiple organizations including Marketing, Design, Applications, Test, Assembly Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing (internal and external factories).
- Address and solve materials and processing issues that may occur during the development process.
- Manage the package process using industry standard project management tools.
- M.S. in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Up to 2 years experience, including internships.
- Team player with positive attitude, self-driven proactive mindset, and innovative outlook.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required.
- Working knowledge of IC packages such as QFP, QFN, BGA, flip chip, wafer level packaging (FO, WLCSP).
- Knowledge of Statistical Analysis and Design of Experiment is a plus.
- Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, flexible and capable of adapting to changes while collaborating with teams at engineering and management levels, both globally and locally.