This position will work closely with the grain division management team to build and grow market share in our trade territory. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
· Sales & Marketing - Maximizes volume through relationship management and other communications.
· Research - Stays current with industry trends. Collects & analyzes commodity market data providing co-op members and marketing team with valuable information to make informed decisions.
· Promotion – Assists marketing team with disseminating market information for producers through our website, newsletters, marketing meetings, grain pools and other forms of communication.
· Risk Management - Demonstrates understanding, analysis and makes recommendations as to risk management strategies and provides hedging opportunities via a partnership with a qualified brokerage firm. Assists with the development of marketing plans for producers. Prepares grain inventory records, grades, purchase contracts, sales contracts and settlements.
· Operations - Coordinates with grain division management officials to assist in operations and logistics to maximizing efficiencies.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
· Customer Service (Relations) - Ensures the highest quality customer experience. Is responsive and courteous.
· Image - Maintains a consistent company image both internally and externally during both business and non-business hours.
· Work Ethic - Demonstrates reliability, punctuality, efficiency and quality. Exercises entrepreneurial spirit for the success and growth of the company and self. Accepts empowerment, responsibility and accountability.
· Communication - Demonstrates ongoing communication with all levels and divisions of the company to enhance teamwork and effectiveness and alignment of company and division goals.
· Teamwork - Supports team objectives and efforts of others on the team. Encourages a spirit of inclusion, participation and belonging.
· Safety and Compliance - Contributes to a culture that ensures that all facilities, equipment and personnel adhere to federal and state safety and compliance regulations.
· Credit Policy - Enforces the credit policy of the company.
· Other duties & responsibilities as assigned.
· 4-year degree in Marketing or other business/agriculture related field (5-10 years of related job experience may substitute for education).
· Maintains or has ability to obtain Series 3 and Series 30 NFA licensing.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Ability to learn business accounting systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, twist or lift objects up to 50 pounds.